mb2 - exhaust ideas

Jamalam724

Ok so, The back box has rusted out ( standard ) so i took it off for the time being, it actually sounds ok lol... But i want a higher pitched sound, and abit louder....

I have a tight budget so ideas welcome.. Im not looking to spend 100s as its a 1.4 and im not using it for track days etc, just around town...

universal back box & cut the middle box out?

Over to you!

Never really understood catbacks? Do they simply replace the cat? Would i have to change back for the MOT etc? Do they increase sound etc? I need to sort a back box either way as atm, im running with no back box at all.

as i said i have an mb2 1.4.... what cat backs can you link me with? thanks

Never really understood catbacks? Do they simply replace the cat? Would i have to change back for the MOT etc? Do they increase sound etc? I need to sort a back box either way as atm, im running with no back box at all.

as i said i have an mb2 1.4.... what cat backs can you link me with? thanks

Bascially it's from the cat rearwards so the cat itself isn't touched, it's just the starting point. So centre pipe (or b-pipe) plus the back box would be replaced.

A custom one can be made to specification, size, noise etc.

Or you can just replace with a pattern OE spec part.

Hope that answers your question. I haven't any links to hand unfortunately as nobody really sells them ready made for the M as far as I am aware.

Taking the middle box out will make it louder so really it depends on what you'd like it to sound like. A smaller middle box and back box would make more noise but probably not shouty loud.