old eg sohc engine transplanted to my mb2 ?

vti_rossco

The engine itself should slot in no probs ross, but not sure about what you'll need for the vtec side of things, as your 1.4 hasnt got vtec. Possible issues regarding wiring it up, and the ecu would need swapping over, possible the fuel pump etc. I think exhaust wise most D series are interchangeable, so that shouldnt pose any problems.

well the thing is i can get my hands on the whole car so the wiring loom shouldnt be a probleme i hope lol

or do you think its possiable to do whats called a "mini me" conversion, this is when i would take the cylinder head off the 1.6 along with the wiring loom, ecu, and a few other bits that make the v-tec then puting them onto 1.4's engine block etc, then essentually making it a 1.6 v-tec ?

or is that just too much faffing about ?

thanks for the help

ross

If you are putting the 1.6 head on a 1.4 block, it would still be a 1.4 mate, as the cc is the cylinder capacity, which is the size of the cylinders. If you want a 1.6 engine, you will need both head and block!! So probably easier to do a complete engine swap i rekon.

hey if your wanting to do the mini me then i wouldnt bother due to the fact that you wont get much gain. as its been sed above your better to pt the whole lot in. on the wiring side it depends on the added extras that you have whither or not its an easy job to swap the looms out. but if you manage to get the whole car loom it will make your life easier. just before you do the swap make sure your compitent with wiring coz it can get very tricky in some areas.

• 2 weeks later...

well iv spoken to the boy with the 1.6 v-tec and he is wanting more than i thought for the car :( and the funds wont allow me to stretch that far :(

im going to have to save a bit more now lol

but cheers for all the advice anyways boys

1"£££$££"!!

Archived