Decat Question?

Bri

Putting a decat on your car would normally mean MOT (or similar test) failure. A lot of people drive around with a decat and switch to a cat temporarily for the MOT or they happen to know a friendly tester :).

Another alternative is getting a high flow cat. They aren't road legal in most countries (like decats) but it would be really tough luck if they find out. These will however get you through the MOT if they're warm enough. They will however have slightly less performance increase compared to a decat but save you from switching once a year.

I still have my OEM cat so I can't give any first hand experience but from what I've read putting a decat on will give some performance increase. It should make a bigger difference once you've also changed the header and your exhaust. The exhaust system is only as good as it's most restrictive area.

I'd say a 4-2-1 header is best if your car is lowered as it has more ground clearance then a 4-1. What make & type to get all depends on your budget and what type of performance you want (top end power vs. midrange)

dont think that would be any gud as the collecter is 2.5in correct me if i am wrong. also make sure you get a decat that is adjustable as my manifold was about 2-2.5 ins to short lucky enough i had an ajustable one

Archived