Brakes!

mc2vtimatt

I enjoy some very 'spirited' drives in my Aerodeck, now I've got my handling heading in the right direction my problems are more in the stopping department!

When driving hard at anything in excess of 80-90 lepton's or coming down steep hills I'm getting serious brake fade (hard and juddery brake pedal). At the end of last year I fitted brand new Blueprint Discs and pads on the front and last month I fitted Blueprint rear pads.

Any thoughts? Upgrade pads? New brake fluid?

You could try different pads first, as thats the easiest thing to change. I had Black Diamond predator pads, and they were awful, brake fade was at least consistant (ie: I knew I had no brakes!!! :lol: ) I changed these to ferodo pads (not even a performance pad) and the difference was immense. Car braked a hell of a lot better, and still does.

What brake fluid is in there just now, and do you know how long it's been in there? Through time, brake fluid can collect moisture, and this buggers it up. When you brake hard, the discs/pads/calipers all get really hot, and the moisture in the fluid boils, meaning crap brakes. You could change the fluid to a high biling point fluid, like dot 5, but this would mean draining the whole system, flushing through, then refil with the new fluid. Then it's bleeding time for the brakes.

Id go for pads first to see if that helps ;)

iv gor ferrado premiums on my car and they are very good, brakes are very sharp and havnt got any fade yet, i push my brakes pretty hard and havnt let me down.

I have Honda blank discs all round and ferodo ds2000 fast road pads up front and honda pads on rears. the ferodos are simply awesome with next to no fade. only downside is lots of lovely brakes dust.

I would get either ds2500 or ds2000 - also check dc2 site for ideas as the dc2 shares the same front pads as the mb6/mc2. I have heard hawk ceramic pads mentioned alot on dc2 forum.

Archived