All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. KiNK43

After advice

The lights are a completely different shape
  3. dan97civic

After advice

So I'm aware that there are some parts from the rover 45/mg zs family that are interchangeable onto the m series chassis hondas and was wondering if the mk2 mg zs tailgate and bumper would fit, the 1 with the smoothed hatch and numberplate recess in the bumper? Any advice appreciated
  4. dan97civic

After advice

Some twat has decided to hit my car whilst parking and not bother to leave any not or anything so nim now left with an ma9 with a dented passenger front fender and a scraped bumper. If anybody has any spares they would be willing to let go of on the cheap you would be helping a project out massively
  5. Last week
  6. burbleboy

Vti-s Turbo project

Of course mate, not looking for John Cleland driving as this is your pride n joy and daily! When i tracked my civic, i drove at 90% (i can be mental sometimes) as to preserve my daily!!!
  7. KiNK43

Vti-s Turbo project

Sweet have a real softspot for beemers! Yeah I'll put camera in car no problems, I will admit I'm not the greatest of drivers tho so probably be taking it fairly easy.
  8. burbleboy

Vti-s Turbo project

Hope to see a link to on-board footage of this trackday, if possible! Driving a 335d just now mate, in process of tidying her up by getting front n rear bumpers painted. Just had wheels refurbed last week and possible DPF removal in near future. Great car but it's not my VTi-s
  9. KiNK43

Vti-s Turbo project

More bits on the way too. Need to get this thing in shape now for donnington. Btw what are you in now? Always enjoyed your threads.
  10. burbleboy

Vti-s Turbo project

Glad your getting parts arriving to keep the momentum going in this build. 2nd hand front bumper is a cracking idea for track use btw! Would love to see this in the flesh!
  11. dr_broon

A hybrid 4wd aerodeck... That's what

Yeah, I think that the choices and prices will get better as they scale up. Even with one you'd have enough power for pootelling around town. The change from electric silence to roaring vtec would be amusing
  12. dr_broon

Vti-s Turbo project

Just realised that you said extended studs Must learn to read / not post before coffee
  13. dr_broon

Vti-s Turbo project

Bet you're glad to get those knuckles back. The extended ball joints make a nice difference. Really noticed the change when I went back to standard ones.
  14. dr_broon

Dr_Broon's VTI 'deck

Yeah, might be worth getting back on Facebook for. Cheers Jake, would appreciate that. I don't think her sitting around for so long has done her any favours.
  15. KiNK43

True but a step in the right direction. I recon one day our "future classics" or whatever may have to get involved with electric revolution. I fear we are going to get heavily penalised on tax and fuel eventually
  16. KiNK43

Dr_Broon's VTI 'deck

I think if you were to go that route Facebook is your friend. I can ask about aswell. Such a shame. I understand the fear that they are starting to go but I genuinely think most are fairly good. Tubs must have had bad material for some reason. everythings gone. So bizarre
  17. dr_broon

Dr_Broon's VTI 'deck

It's a blessing that it failed the mot. To be honest. I'm going to sleep on it, and to be honest if there was a good shell to be had I might be tempted to go for that, but the worry is that they'll all be starting to go.
  18. Dave

Much as I hate EV's I'm all for hybrids and think hybrids ARE the way forward. Would even consider this for DD, but at that price and needing one for each rear wheel, the price would by far outweigh it being economically viable.Plus you need sva to re-class the vehicle, lots of hoops and red tape to jump through I think.
  19. Dave

Dr_Broon's VTI 'deck

words toitally escape me mate, absolutely gutted to see Tubs looking like that. ou need to sue the arse out of that company, trading standards the lot need to be on this mate! I have seen lots of bodged work over the years but that is by far one of the worst. Considering what they charged you for a "restoration" they need shut down. I'd happily go down there and smack the welder and the owner of the place in the mouth as I'm disgusted what they done to your car. Please feel free to name and shame them on our FB page too mate, social media has a funny way of dishing our karma, and they are due a bucket load (make that a rusty bucket load) of karma for that. I know how much you love that car, and what she means to you. Jake makes a good point though about transplanting all the good stuff from her onto a good shell. Might be worth thinking about, although knowing how much you've put into her and your love for her know you'll probably stick to your guns and save Tubs. As also said, have seen loads of cars on Car suasage that were way worse than Tubs being saved, although it all depends on cost I suppose. Cars they were saving were worth a lot of money restored, whereas our civics are still only worth £2 to 2.5K tops when mint, maybe 3k at a push. But if you've no intention of selling her anytime soon, then would still be worth saving. Think there's a lot of hours work in there though, undoing all the shite that that crap garage DERWENTHAUGH MOTORS
  20. dr_broon

Dr_Broon's VTI 'deck

Dunno, not many on ebay being broken, and I'm wary of going down that route. Only one deck autotrader, and one on ebay, but doesn't feel right killing another to keep mine if you know what I mean. If there was a Pb one with a blown engine or something then it would be an easier decision.
  21. KiNK43

Dr_Broon's VTI 'deck

Im only gonna say this because I've been watching rust valley on Netflix. When shells far gone.. they convince owner to resell and use all there bits to keep the spirit. I recon you could find a pretty tidy rolling shell for 400 quid. People just want the heart out of them. And swap all your bits over?????
  22. burbleboy

Dr_Broon's VTI 'deck

That's bad mate, garage should be sued. BUT, i watch Car SOS with that arsehole, smarmy git Tim Shaw. They rebuild s**t heaps that have been sitting dor 30 years etc and are held together by pubic hair. Anything can be done mate, just homework and a good understanding garage can resurrect her. At the end of the day it's only metal, and metal can be cut and welded. You love the car and once all done, will last another 20 years! Easy for me to say, im not in your position, but IF your that far involved with the car, keep going!
  23. KiNK43

Vti-s Turbo project

Day got me knuckles back all ready roll. New ball joints and bearings. Extended studs in. Happened to notice when unde rthe car had a little leak appeared round the crank pulley. Irritated me so started having a look, ended up being a right ballache. cambelt off, cams need to come out to change the seals. Lesson learned they are literally the only aftermarket seals I used on the whole car and there leaking. Get some OEM ones in there.
  24. dr_broon

Dr_Broon's VTI 'deck

Think I'm too far in to turn back now.. Means my painting plans are going to have to be scaled right back though. Might ask depend on what bits I can still buy and what they can fabricate. Things like the cross member, if I can get one that the suspension etc still fits to, but needs a bit of butchering to fit to the car, then that might be what has to happen.
  25. KiNK43

I've been looking for this sort of thing glad its finally surfacing
  26. KiNK43

Dr_Broon's VTI 'deck

Holy f**k. How is it that bad? The eg subframe is similar for sure, same width I recon as for the shape how it sits to the floor i dont know.
  1. Load more activity