Abs light is on, but abs is working 100%

Legnar

I somehow cannot manage to get this problem sorted out, the abs indicator is on, but the abs on all wheels is working. I tried pulling codes by bridging the 3 and 5 pin connector but no code is showing up, the abs light just turns off. Help!

Civic mb2 1998 model.

Thats a really strange one mate, as the system is designed so that if there's a fault, abs light comes on and abs is automatically disabled.  The fact it isnt showing a code could mean its something as simple as one of the sensors is dirty, so try getting everything cleaned (wheels off job) and then try disconnecting the battery for 5 mins then reconnect. See if that solves it. If not, it could be one of the wires to the sensors is breaking down, which without the code will be harder to track down. That can be traced with the help of a mate sitting in the car with it running, and you wiggling each wire to see if the light blinks or goes off. Or it could be one of the rings thats on its way out. Lastly, a fault with the main abs unit (cross fingers it isn't as these are mega expensive new, so if it is, probably best to source a second hand unit), but try the cheap fixes first to see if that cures it. :wink:

i have checked all my sensors, they are all fine! one thing though my srs light has gone out, so i started troubleshooting using the handbook. turns out the 8 or so volts the lamp is supposed to have for like 6 seconds? is not there. hmm, is this connected to the abs problem?