Info on engine codes and obd

fyfie5

Hi guys,

just doing a bit of research for hopefully swapping a d16 in to my brothers d13 honda logo, either be the d16z6, d16y8 or the one out of the aerodeck d16w4 would anyone know what the obd's of these engines are? since his car is obd2b trying to figure out which one would be best, ideally would like to use the w4 since we have one already. Any help will be appreciated!

thanks

cool looks like the w4 is going to be a good option, also could I use the ecu from the aerodeck? or would I need to get it demobilised/get an ecu with no immobiliser?

Shouldnt be too awkward hey. I'd imagine it being pretty straight forward. You will want to see how the car is wired to decide how to go about it. See if the loom splits at the shock tower or if loom is one part and goes into cabin.

probably best is use cars original loom and add wire for vtec.

Since your swapping a d for a d you should be able to utilise parts either to suit the loom.

Use conversion harness and either p28 style chipped ecu or get deck ecu de-imobilised.

• Like 1

I already know that the loom is all one piece, so conversion harness and p28 ecu should be fine, the doing of the actual wiring im going to struggle with (like wiring vtec in), might see if there are any Honda guys up here to help as all my friends drive stupid vw's :lol: