Well I got my vti-s

Dodd89

No they weren't my doing.

Where are you off to to rack up that many miles? I did take it up to Scoltand and down to Dorset and Eastbourne without issue. I just had a lot of little niggles to deal with which I spent most of the time I owned the car sorting but God only knows what happened after that.

I didn't think so mate, the brackets are made from cut outs of tin haha... Not safe, so will be picking vti-s seats back in that I have got in the shed. My kids live in Cambridge so I go there, pick them up, they stay at mine for the night, I drop them off haha... And drive back. I'm from North Wales so it's a fair drive. I'm still reading through the post now to see what you didn't do that might need doing. Wish I could have bought it off you haha. Still great car though.

That doesn't sound safe at all! Yeah once you've read it you'll have a good understanding of what I've done and what the lad you bought it off has done.

That's a fair trek, kudos to you! I love a good road trip myself!

Yeah love a road trip but bit weary of the mb6 now lol. Just out of curiosity dude, how much did you take off this car because there's not a lot here haha, I'm gonna get a new rocker cover, leads and hopefully some ITR cams after the clutch is done, gears could be smother too. I feel like I but a good car but on the other hand I wish this middle man wasn't involved because I don't know what he's done :/

You'll get there dude!

I took off the Meister R coilovers, Rota Spec R alloys, custom made projector headlights, ITR air box, ITR steering wheel, EG indicator stalks, full leather interior with black fabric door cards and I think that's about it!

Ah cool, I'd prefer to be able to do my own thing though :) I'll be doing some work as soon as funding and repairs get done and I might start a build thread myself :)

• Like 1

if the gears a bit rough do a gearbox oil change, will be worth doing once you've done the clutch, fresh fluid will help loads.

the stuff you said should sort out the problems we hope!!

Yeah, I would like to think that a fresh clutch kit and oil in the box would see that side of things back to how they should be, the pressure plate is what's causing it, low bite and heavy pedal.

The Type R was the same when I got it but had it all changed whilst I have the box rebuild done and it's spot on now :D

I'll make sure that's on the list then, get some prices, going to get tracking and stuff done in the morning. At least I found the previous previous owner :)