Steveolkinevels VTI - END OF THE LINE

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i want to get another rocker cover 1st so i can just swap them over as oposed to the car being off the road. :? eerm dunno yet waiting for my m8 to come back from turkey then we will decide on the day then but will try for sunday as id like to run against another vti as i an so bord of wasting 106 gtis :lol: . every 1 has enm down here. hope i see you there. o an the log book is staying at home that weekend!! :roll: 1"£££$££"!!

i want to get another rocker cover 1st so i can just swap them over as oposed to the car being off the road. :? eerm dunno yet waiting for my m8 to come back from turkey then we will decide on the day then but will try for sunday as id like to run against another vti as i an so bord of wasting 106 gtis :lol: . every 1 has enm down here. hope i see you there. o an the log book is staying at home that weekend!! :roll: 1"£££$££"!!

you would be suprised with the 106 gtis up my end, not so easy to beat

All i'll say is don't underestimate the dark blue GTi! Oh and a mate of mine runs a stage 1 Gti that beat me by 0.5 secs last time! There so light and torquey. It should have stage 3 cams and a remap by the September race meet! My mate was gonna be running his Rallye, but it got wrote off last Thursday when it go rear ended by a clio! The metal boot lining thats part of the shell folded up like an accordian! French build quality for ya! Oh and watch out for the gun metal corsa that left an RS6 and a Porsche for dead!

your m8 will have a new gear box by october! lol they have to be the weakest boxes on the planet. a 106 gti would beat a vti if it had been modified and tuned well, a good port and polish, full exhaust, hi-lift cams and remap would see it off, but look at the money that has been spent to make it faster than a standard VTI.?! lots....

Gutted gutted gutted.my car was booked in on friday for my exhaust to be made, but thursday EON because they are so nice sent me a £300+ bill. so that was my week end on its arse. glad a diddnt go cos of the weather also. my m8 ran his stalet gt got a high 14 a think.

• 4 months later...

well got a few bits and bobs during the week, arb links rear upper control arms s/s 4-1 manifold Made my own adjustable decat with some spare s/s tube and some s/s metal plate. got it all on now Will add pics v soon. my god you can hear the vtec crossover point loud!!! and its right what people say about the subaru sound! just sounds quite tinny and raspy at around 4.6k till 6k then it roars. o and dont get to close shes turned into a fire breathing monster :shock: with quite a few pops and bangs. :D waiting on my rear strut brace coming, hopefully tomorrow with some heat wrap.

08122010087.jpg

17122010091.jpg

17122010092.jpg

Archived