Thermostat

onejdmcivic1984

In the process of attempting to sort out the rising temperature in my MB4 I turn my attention to the said above item.

Where is the best place to get one and best fitment? There's loads on eBay, could try places like Auto parts or Unipart or even genuine Honda?

How long does it take to install as well and could it be done by a non-mechanic?

I bought OEM when needed one. Best way to search for ebay-parts in my opinion is this: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?159338-Need-genuine-honda-part-numbers-Look-within!!!

Then just put the partcode in the searchfield in ebay and choose a reputable seller. Thermostats aren't that complicated devices so i don't think it necessary has to be oem.

It's pretty easy to replace, you will need new coolant as well since you will spill quite a bit while removing the radiator hose from the thermo housing. I'd say 30minutes if you know what you're doing, and a bit more if you learn as you go :wink:. As long as you have proper tools it's really no problem, just take your time.