Transmission need Help

Viltor

Question

Hello everyone,

2 or 3 months ago, I noticed when Im shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd I notice sometimes some friction. is that normal ?

Most of the time its 1st to 2nd and it happens mostyle at low rpm, like 1500rpm or 2000 rpm, is that normal ? someone noticed that ?

Thanks

Good Morning guys, thanks everyone for the replies.

Yesterday I drove the car in the city no problem shifting to second, I even shift from 1st to 2nd at 8000 rpm to see if I could replicate the "crunch feel" it was ok. I stopped the car 1 hour late I was feeling it again, as I said it makes it randomly. Tomorrow I will go to my mechanic and he said he will inspect the car and the last thing he wants to check is the gear box, and if its the syncro rings he can replace it. He also told me it could be the clutch, but my clutch is disangaging properly and not slipping.

One question, if its the case that the synchro rings are worn, all B series use the same synchro rings ? any advantage using OEM vs Carbon rings ?

Thanks

With the EP3 the crunching is the pressure plate failing within the clutch pack, but you get a heavy pedal and a low bite point which you say isn't the case here.

All of the B series synchros should be the same size. I have carbon lined ones which make the gear changes feel super smooth! It's up to you if you want to pay the extra for them over standard ones.

Good Morning everyone,

After driving in the weekend, I found that my gearbox is more smooth when its cold, and after waming up I start feeling everything on the gearbox. My mechianician told me its the clutch, because if it was the gearbox I would feel rough everytime. 

Good Morning everyone, yesterday night I went un der my car too see the gear linkage etc and I noticed that i had a leak beatween the gearbox and the block, with brown oil. is MTF3 brown ? could it be possible that im losing MTF from there and thats why I feel that on the gear/gears ? I also noticed with the engine off (I dont know if thats normal or not) but if I pres the clutch and let it there for few seconds and I try to change gears, most of them block halfway. Thanks