For those with an MB6

mbfan

Not sure where to post this so thought id try here! I am wondering at what speed/rpm is the civic in vtec and is there a big difference in how the car picks up speed once in vtec?

I am just curious as I've never been in one of these.

vtec in the mb6's b18c4 engine cuts in at 4500 rpm not a 6000 rpm like all other vtec engines this is because the b18c4 engine has a twin state manifold that goes onto it second stage at 6000 rpm limiter is set a 8250 rpm. the power is good at around 170 bhp standard and you can fell the vtec cut in and hear it too .

watch this video and you will see what i mean.

Cheers for that mate, yes I can tell when the sound changes!

I had a feeling it was 4500 rpm but people got me confused on other forums saying it's 5500/6000 like with integra's e.t.c

I am thinking of checkin out an mb6 2moro, if i like it enough, i'll swap my mb2. Can't wait for the test drive.

lol still on the look out for a nice clean one, wasn't impressed with the one i found. too many scratches, dents, poor condition for price.

I mean I would normally swap my MB2 in but feel bad considering mine is in good condition, I expect the same back!

But boy, I cant get the MB6 outta my mind, the test drive was fun!

It's gonna have to silver (top choice), black, or perhaps the blue. It can look pretty nice in blue W/X reg,

Yeah, best to hold off for a really good one, theres loads out there so you're right not to just jump right into the first one you see. Plus your present mb is in good cond, so the nmb6 has to be too. They seem to suit most colours, but i gotta say P/balck or even the nighthawk black (non metallic) looks ace. Really cool but hard to find are the white mb6's.

Yeah, best to hold off for a really good one, theres loads out there so you're right not to just jump right into the first one you see. Plus your present mb is in good cond, so the nmb6 has to be too. They seem to suit most colours, but i gotta say P/balck or even the nighthawk black (non metallic) looks ace. Really cool but hard to find are the white mb6's.

Yeah that's right, all the colours look pretty good. I am thinking maybe a black one will look better than my current silver one, once you add the lipkit all round. The only colour I wouldn't buy is the metallic green one if you know which one I mean? It's light green and not the dark green one.

Yeah know the one, cant rmember the colour name (i have a list of all the honda colours made that im trying to put into a format for on here) Think was "ice green" or something, could be wrong tho. I quite like that colour on them too :P

Just checked the greens, on a '97 VTI, there were WOODLANDS GREEN & BAIKAL GREEN. On a '99 VTI, the green lover had the wonderful choice of BAIKAL GREEN & CASCADE GREEN. I aint got a clue which one is which, but NO green is a good green on a VTI in my humble opinion!!! :lol:;)

Archived