b20 problem!

MBBREAKERS

B20 vtec build coming .............

just got a B20z1 complete engine for good money and i have a MB6 rolling shell in need of a engine so possibly making a MB20 unless i get given a clean eg shell

i have a few makes which have already done it and have a rough idea of what i need its just putting it all together

the engine as done a few miles so gonna change shells to be on safe side

check list please add if any thing i forget

B20 bottom end - got

B16 head - got

B18 manifold - got

B20 conversion kit - need

B18 water pump & cam belt - need

oil sandwich plate - need

swirl pot - need

ECU ? what do i need to run ?

got a MB6 ecu or is best to run a obd1 vti loom ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need the loom that fits the head and all its plus as for ecu's that a open book there is so many out there just bepends on what you have to spend on management but you will need it and it will need mapping ,

I almost at the end of a b20b build myself ( for someone else) high comp pistons ,rods acl race bearings the works . Ill get some pictures up for you , plus my engine build for my turbo mb6 was a b20 .

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=428

Rich.

the b20 is from a honda crv 4x4 ( lots of torque ) but no vtec

and the B16 head is a vtec head and bolts to the 2ltr bottom end

there is a ef b20 in banzai this month

spoke to the main b20 builders DnR about 10 miles from me i just found out :D

stock B20 bottom end , b16 head with skim , teg type r cams , skunk2 inlet 211+ bhp on a base map

they have got a mk2 crx running stock bottom end with head work too ........................

276bhp nearly 170torque and 12500rpm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and been running for 3 years

and my question is answered :lol: danxs on here think its the same guy from 4g he brought my old ee9 and put a b20 in it must of been fast as f**k

my delsol is as fast as a mb6 and i was on a motor way in 5th with mate next to me in a eg coupe B20

i dropped to 3rd screaming in vtec and he also dropped down ..... i held for about 2 seconds before it fooked off !

then when spoke to him after he only dropped to 4th and i went down to 3rd

then when spoke to him after he only dropped to 4th and i went down to 3rd

gutted wats better conversion then a b20 or a k20 couple boys down our way have eg coupes with k20

K20 alot more to buy fella

B20 is about 300 for complete engine running , take bottom end sell the rest , head £100 gasket kit £100 ish ruff prices

uses B series clutch , flywheel , engine loom , manifold , rad , accord 2.2 injectors , same b series engine mounts ,

Archived