b20 problem!

MBBREAKERS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rockie error !!!!!!!!! i forgot to put the shim between bottom cam belt pulley , and belt pulley , so the belt wanted to move forward off the cam pulleys , taking apart tomo to put on

also fitted the catch can , 1 vent to air intake on AEM and 2 vents from front of rocker cover to catch can

it is running but still lumpy , the car is being tuned by daz @ dnrtuned.com top bloke , is going to be be doing lots of ectune stuff so he said today , but hopes to tune to about 210bhp from the set up i have

as the bottom end is still stock as dont have the money at the minute to get other bits done

but its running the max compresson i can get , as the Z bottom is the higher comp then the B and its had had the maxium amount taken of the head for the 98 spec teg cams :mrgreen: , but with the dizzy on max adjust and the cam pulleys set to 0 it is lumpy and sounds like a boxer engine

Haha! you been watching blue peter again! Engine build is looking tops, that sol is gonna be an animal with that in her mate!!!!! You need to bring this along to one of our meets, would love to see it when its finished. Good work! 8-)

Dizzy set to max??? is it not detting itself to death? i`d back that off till it gets tuned.

I had Daz's 1st b20 build in my crx which i purchased from him. Back then Daz just really did it for fun, but i came to him with a budget, timeframe and a list of jobs to do on his car. I`d only had a hour with him and we hit it off as similar age and outlook on life and i left him with a cheque.

I turned up a couple of months later and collected the car, which ran sweet as for a long time (still running now about 5 years on, althiough the car has had some bumps from subsequebt owners). I popped back every now and then, but he was always on the end of the phone for help with the car.

Very sound and reliable guy, now with lots of experience in building all manner of toys. If there was a job i could not do on my car, it would be towed to his place. A whole 70 odd miles away.

He also lent me his trailer to collect my kit car, cant say enough for the guy as he works hard and delivers.

He wont stand for messing about though, so dont waste his time if you are not serious. Order book and waiting list seems to be getter bigger by the day.

• 2 weeks later...

update

no compresson in number 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drove the car there and just thought it was running lumpy because of cam , but turns out it was running on 3 under 4k

we checked every thing , then did i comp test ,

1- 200

2- 200

3- 200

4- 70 !!!!!

put oil down the bore and didnt raise it , so guess work thought head

after all the fault finding was like 10pm so gave up , left the sol with daz and told him to sort it , call a couple of days later because he is a very busy man , thinks the exhaust valve isnt seated correct ,

also couldnt get the gasket off to well so might need a new head gasket :x

so head has been sent off to be all re seated and pressure tested

www.dnrtuned.com

Archived