Small issues since clutch

spudley1988

hey folks got a couple of niggles since having clutch done, was a genuine honda clutch from H-tune. When trying to take off if i dont use any throttle theirs a little vibration, not clutch judder, just vibration and something makes a noise if loose? Also at around 7.5k revs my metal gear knob has a hell of a rattle and vibration through it. What could these be and could they be linked? Cant really take back to garage as guy said theirs no come back since i suplied clutch which is what most do round here now. Besides that car seems to drive fine so hoping its minor niggly thing.

Have you let clutch bed in before thrashing it???

And was the flywheel replaced or faced??

Its difficult to understand the noise or vibration without having witnessed it. Possible the garage hasnt fitted something back correctly. Or is there some slacking pedal? Release fork and bearing moving around?

To be honest I found exedy oem clutch was a bit juddery to start with. Was dissapointed. But it seems to have settled down now after 500 odd miles

Only hit the revs that once just to test out soon as it done it backed off. So far Def not judder, soon as throttles applied goes off normal. Pedal all seems okay to me and biting point nice and low. Maybe worthwhile giving a few miles to see? Any idea on gearstick vibration?

It could be an engine/gearbox mount hasn't been tightened properly, or is on its way out. Deffo sounds like somethings not right, as you shouldnt get much vibration coming through the gear stick. If you can get her up on a ramp, go around all the bolts on the mounts to make sure they're ok, and check condition of the mounts rubbers. how is it on the move, using normal amounts of throttle? Whats the "something loose" noise like? Metallic, or deeper knocking kinda sound?

On the move it seems okay. Hard to describe the noise almost like metallic. I'd expect the noise of something was maybe resting on the exhaust and shooting up through linkage into gearstick. Only happens high revs though. Driving low revs normal driving don't notice any vibrations or noises through gear stick

Around 30 tops lol. However I'm around 60% sure the rattle through gear knob happens in neutral. Tried this morning but chap behind looked a tad p**sed off so let off a little. Will double check that later but still isn't great trying to pull away with just clutch and no revs.