Burbleboy's Accord

burbleboy

Well be sure to focus some of that on the flywheel, injectors and some other crappy plastic bits that prone to falling off and you'll be laughing! Though I'm sure you've been researching the weak points on the motor! 8-)

Nice positive attitude there Krzys :(

* Exhaust manifold are covered up to 125k regardless of history

* timing chain issues were 2005/6 models then revised (mine 2007)

* weak pressure plate springs were modified but unsure when. Honda will pay towards a clutch if it goes

* injectors not really a problem

Apart from the usual diesel stuff, I'm prepared ;)

Nice positive attitude there Krzys :(

* Exhaust manifold are covered up to 125k regardless of history

* timing chain issues were 2005/6 models then revised (mine 2007)

* weak pressure plate springs were modified but unsure when. Honda will pay towards a clutch if it goes

* injectors not really a problem

Apart from the usual diesel stuff, I'm prepared ;)

I wasn't being negative mate, I'm just well aware that these engines have particular weak points and that you get pretty pissed off when your car breaks so I just want to make sure you know what you're taking on :)

Now what would be interesting is to see how this fairs on one of your favourite roads compared with my EP3 once you've fettled with it! :D

I wasn't being negative mate, I'm just well aware that these engines have particular weak points and that you get pretty p**sed off when your car breaks so I just want to make sure you know what you're taking on :)

Now what would be interesting is to see how this fairs on one of your favourite roads compared with my EP3 once you've fettled with it! :D

Lol I know diesels are prone for more things than petrols, the lure of torque and black smoke is too much! :)

It will be interesting to go up against the EP3, all down to drivers skill on the twisties ;)

A fun blast I will look forward too :)

Nice!

Shame it's not the wagon version, but I know you like room for just your walking stick.

:-P

Hahaha lol pmsl :)

The wagon version of that shape Accord is the worst shape I've seen. I hate it!

The handy walking stick will be useful for ramming into your unicycle spokes ;)

Lol I know diesels are prone for more things than petrols, the lure of torque and black smoke is too much! :)

It will be interesting to go up against the EP3, all down to drivers skill on the twisties ;)

A fun blast I will look forward too :)

Haha you've sampled my skill on the twisties with @Dave's wheel of fail fitted :lol:

• Like 1

Well, I flew down to Bristol with my mate on Saturday 12th December 2015 to collect my new Accord.

Roadtest was to pin point any clutch or manifold issues that commonly plague these cars....low and behold...the clutch slipped in 4th 5th and 6th gear on motorway.

I remained calm when talking to the trader and explained that I will remind him that I travelled from Scotland under the assurance that this car was road tested and 'great'.  I had previously queried the DVLA mot history of brake advisories and fair play to them as they did change the pads. I ended up getting £500 off the car to go towards a new clutch! :) Result, as I had already budgeted to get the clutch changed to an uprated one as I was getting a remap.

On the way back home we stopped off in Halifax to get a remap off Elite Tuning and guy called Fahad. He is also the website owner of TypeAccord forum I am a member of also.

I went for a stage 2 with EGR delete. Car now pushing out 193bhp and 340flb of torque. Safe to say the car then slipped the clutch in ALL gears after that! Nursed the car home and now booked into Western Honda for Monday. £306 +vat (staff discount) for fitting only as i'm supplying a CG Motorsports dual friction clutch. Considering its a 6 hour job, I thought that ain't too bad a price. Gearbox oil change and adjust the clutch cruise control switch also (this meant to contribute to premature clutch failure).

Not had a chance to put the power down in new car but after the 500 mile bed in period for the clutch, it should be fun!

Wheels and spoiler etc will be bought after the new year. Not looking forward to getting wheel arches modded to fit the wheels but I like a challenge.