Have bought a b16a on a bit of a wim will it be easy swap into a deck

Sutty1596

My loom is obd2b it's a d16w4 aerodeck non vtec and I'm swapping it for a b16a which is obd1 will my loom work or will I have to use the loom that I have bought with engine?

First things first.

You should have some grey connectors. In your engine bay on the shock tower in front of battery. This is where your 2 part loom separate's. So has the new engine loom got these same connectors???

If you want to use your d series obd2 loom. It will work you may need to swap your injectors over and possibly replace the dizzy plug and extend a few bits. Also add vtec wire all the way back to ecu if non vtec. Hard to say specifically because we don't know exactly what part's you have.

Cheers mate I'll have a look today after work gotta sort everything out find out what's what and what's where! So in theory if my new loom has these same connectors I can just use my loom that's already in there just extend a few bits and wire in vtec? Have to try dumb it down for myself it's early and I haven't got a clue aha thanks for help