Inside door handle is loose (opening latch)

Finch

Question

As some might know I bought another M' except this is an Aerodeck, Its mechanically sound, needs some TLC but the F**KING door open light comes on when driving, not major but annoying to see a red light flash and twitch on-off at the bottom of your vision, has anyone run into this? I noticed the drivers door handle inside is loose like it doesn't return to flat naturally like the other 3 do inside, If I push that handle flat and pull the door in a bit more it clicks and the light goes off..

I'm going to giving the car a service and clean this weekend if anyone has any ideas on how I can remedy this pain in the arse I'll be greatful. If someone says WD40, Hammer, Ductape or Cable ties I will hunt you down and beat you with all over the above.

3 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, UnicyclingTom said:

yes, all of the above! 

it's probably the little switch on one of the doors is malfunctioning. try giving it a clean (with wd40!)

its the brass bit on the chassis in the door s**t, if you know what I mean.

Yeah I'll give it a clean tomorrow when I clean the rest of the car :lol: Might fiberglass the mirrors in place and paint them while I'm there!

• Like 1

Yeah, will be the switch on the pillar mate. I think if memory serves me rightly you can loosen the switch off and move it slightly so that the door pushes the button fully home?

The actual latch handle you use to open the door is broken and is now getting worse! Couldn't get out last night, that's on this weeks agenda of cleaning up the deck' at the same time I'll check the switch aswell but as it stands the handle inside is the biggest PITA