Mb6 Sigma Alarm Keyfob

Guest AAB

Question

Guest AAB

Hi All I have recently aquired a MB6 and will introduce myself upon joining the forum in the next few days so apologies.

My problem is do any fellow members  know where I can get a replacement alarm fob for my vehicle as I see it has a factory  Sigma alarm fitted but no key fobs.

2 answers to this question

I've got the same issue with my aerodeck. it came with no key fobs. I've rang honda but they don't do them anymore. wouldn't the fobs be the same as the ones used on the rover/mg's? might be able to make those work. other than that it might have to be an aftermarket alarm which I think I might end up doing. 

The rover/mg ones have the same casing as our fobs, but unfortunately, there the similarity ends mate. The rover central locking fobs/systems radiowaves, whereas ours is infrared. Hence why with ours you have to be basically almost next to the car to make it work. Think of the remote for your tv, that's the system ours use (which is actually pretty crap tbh!)

The fobs do come up on ebay etc now and again, but you will also need the matching receiver (the wee dome next to sunroof buttons) otherwise the fob won't work. Try our trader @10000rpm to see if he has any in stock.

You say yours has a "Sigma" alarm fitted? That's an aftermarket system it not?