Polycarbonate windows

Blackwolf

They are made of 3mm thick foamex. Got it off eBay, was really cheap. Think a 8x4 sheet was about £35 and that's pleanty enough to do all four doors. They are fitted same as Windows, drill straight through it into the door and use self tapping screws and small washers. Bit that takes the longest is making a template out of cardboard. Foamex is good though, you can heat it up and bend it into shapes then when it cools it stays there. I cut the inside skin out of the door aswell for more weigh saving. 

My car doesn't have locks any more as it's a track only car and lives in the garage. I'm sure the lock pin could be put through a hole drilled in the top with ease. I have cut out all the metal inside skins so there is nothing to mount the handle on. So iv got a bit of wire going from the latch, out a hole in the foamex and screwed in place. Just give it a tug and door opens. Iv got no handle on the back door cos iv got no back seats but for the front doors iv got a fabric handle screwed to what's left of the metal frame and pulled through the foamex. 

DSC_0366.JPG