Help heater stopped working and temp needle rises

kalvtec

For the blower, test it with a multi-meter to see if it's blown. Or if you can find the live and negative feeds for itat the fan itself, try connecting it straight to battery as it could be the actual switch on the dash (although not a fault we've seen coming up in the past) . This test will determine if either the blower motor itself is ok and if the switch is ok or faulty.

The rising temp most likely is an airlock. Both the D series and B series engines (the B series in particular) are a pain to bleed. It could be that when you replaced the coolant last time, there may still have been an airlock that you didn't get out which is showing itself now. I'd deffo make sure you've got all air out before troubleshooting further. This will be the easiest and cheapest fix if that's what it turns out to be. The thermostat is always an obvious source of this kind of fault, so it's good that you've changed it. Thing is, I've had instances in the past where I've changed the thermostat only to find that the new one is also faulty. I had 3 on the bounce that were new but faulty, so ended up going to Honda.

Did you bleed the system after fitting the new thermostat?

As said above, it would be a good idea to test the fan too is it may just be the fan is gubbed. I had to replace the one on Ruby years ago so strong possibility that it may be the fan.

Hi dave

Good info you got there but its sorted now last monday thank god.

Sorry i was meant to update here but ive been work past 3 days so got chance now.

Cant believe after all that messing around and money spent, i took it to my uncle (auto electrician) once again as he wanted another look at it. It turned out to be just a fuse in the relay behind the drivers side coin pocket.

This sorted out both the issues of heater blower not working and overheating at idle, this was due to fan not kicking in at idle, everythings working now.

To answer your question, yes i spent ages on more than one instance trying to bleed the system and must have wasted over 2 litres of genuine honda coolant in the process lol ouch!

But thanks for all the help here i really appreciate it...

• Like 3