MB6 VTI Codenamed.. Ron.. Ron Burgundy **Updated**

Well i have finally got round to sorting out my thread..

I would like to introduce you to my partner in crime.. Ron.. named after the colour and the personality of Ron Burgundy from Anchorman... i fell in love with this car the moment i saw it.. had to wait for a month to get it.. and it was a one visit trip aswell.. after havoing to get the train to pick it up.. in the middle of birmingham with £1700 sheets in my bag.. plenty of "tense" moments in the butt thats for sure.. but when it rolled up.. i knew it was mine :D:D Brought him in march.. and am looking forward to finishing my project.. this is looking to be a basic project... unless a massive winfall happens ;)

Lowered 30-40mm all Round,

2.5 Powerflow S/S Exhaust, Decat.

StrutBar

Standard VTI Alloys - White, (soon to be redone in Alpine white and glossed)

New White graphics and de badged - apart from H Badge on rear

S/S Air Filter with 4" Cone.

New Mods planned..

Removed Air-Con DONE

Iridium Spark Plugs DONE

New S/S 3.5" Jap Cut Exhaust DONE

Uprated Drilled & Grooved discs with EBC pads,

Smoked Rear Lights and Front Lights DONE

New Plasmaglow HD Dials DONE

Bonnet Struts.

New Rocker Cover Purple/Green

Mugen Resovoir Socks DONE

Magnecore Spark Plug Leads DONE

Tint Rear Windows. DONE

VTI-S Front Lip DONE

Respray Dash Trim DONE

MGZS 180 Front & Rear Suspension

Lower Rear Tie Bar

New Purple D2 Rear LCA's

Re-Paint Wheels in Lime Green DONE

Re-apply stickers in new colour DONE

New Alloy Race Rad DONE

S/S Manifold DONE

*Update 20th June 2010*

I decided to change the Rocker Cover... the previous owner who sold it "tidied" it up for me when in all honstey he just added some paint over the H,VTEC and badge which i thought why on earth, so i set to work after waiting a month to get all the bits.. nitromors, 3 grades of sandpaper (120,600 &1200) VHT Red Rattle Can.... took me a day of stripping, then sanding with each grade.. washed and then sprayed.. and WOW it brought the engine alive now i need to wait for my MUGEN Resovoir socks... which come on tuesday.. will also look at getting some red Spark plug leads.. carbon fibre cover.. Greddy Rad Cap, Mugen Oil Cap then i will be happy with it.. opinions welcome..check out the photos in the link... finally worked out how to do it instead of putting them on here...

http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae296/djbaybeeraver23/Project%20Ron/

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8-) Looking sweet mate! Love it when cars get names, gives them a personality! Love the plans youve got for Ron, and what a great colour to start off with! :D Then im biased lol Youre the same as me though, I did a one trip visit ( a long trip!) to get Ruby, fell in love with her minute I saw her too! Ive had the wite wheel paint sitting for ages, was gonna do hers white aswell. Good to see what it looks like when done 8-)

Will be watching this one!

Nice one Jamie. good to see the thread up and running :) the civic is looking real nice. and the mods should make it look even better.

have you sanded the dials yourself? thats 1 thing i wanted to do but am afraid to do it wrong. get some pics of the dials up and get some links up for the new dials :D

Nice one Jamie. good to see the thread up and running :) the civic is looking real nice. and the mods should make it look even better.

have you sanded the dials yourself? thats 1 thing i wanted to do but am afraid to do it wrong. get some pics of the dials up and get some links up for the new dials :D

Cheers Chi, yeah i sanded back the speedo and rev counter myself.. instead of the dirty orange dull glow.. its a white ish glow.. if you change to LED's then the effect is much nicer.. but seeing as though my dials get replaced this month.. hadnt planned on keeping the old ones for long.. hence not a "perfect" job.. the Speedo is DEFINITLEY hardest of them all.. soo fiddly.. and have to be careful to a) not knock the needle, B) try not to snap the dial itself with the clocks hanging on the, (couldnt remove them so had to work around them). and finally i hit the reset knob after trying to be soo careful :evil::evil::roll:

I WILL GET SOME PICS UP FROM NIGHT TIME so you can see the old ones.. and then the new ones once they are fitted.. :)

Adam, Dave cheers for the comments. :).. am glad to hear that you and i share pretty much the same story for our "M"s :) and i agree with ya there buddy giving them names.. its the way forward :).. i didnt name it.. i pulled up and showing the car off to my mates at the pub.. the next thing i hear is...... MATE.. its BURGUNDY!!!!!. RON BURGUNDY>>> since then it has stuck :) but you should try the white wheels loook dave.. it certainly stands out better than the silver :), only downside is they are a NIGHTMARE to keep clean i can assure you!

i seen your Ruby thread dave and thats a TIDY find.. and also Adam yours is look pretty slick also.. look forward to your next updates guys :)..

**update** - 15th June 2010..

Have now removed the Air-Con Unit out of the car.. and the pump.. little bit of weight saved and also a nice big space to allow cool air into the engine bay.. :D

got the car up on the ramps.. checking out the fittings to the de-cat.. making sure my new 4-2-1 branch manifold will fit when i can afford it.. but now have to spend £65.00 on the drivers side front wheel to replace the bearing hub seal.. thats split.. :( so will have to wait a little bit longer for the discs and manifold... but will have these done soon....

8-)

*Update 20th June 2010*

I decided to change the Rocker Cover... the previous owner who sold it "tidied" it up for me when in all honstey he just added some paint over the H,VTEC and badge which i thought why on earth, so i set to work after waiting a month to get all the bits.. nitromors, 3 grades of sandpaper (120,600 &1200) VHT Red Rattle Can.... took me a day of stripping, then sanding with each grade.. washed and then sprayed.. and WOW it brought the engine alive now i need to wait for my MUGEN Resovoir socks... which come on tuesday.. will also look at getting some red Spark plug leads.. carbon fibre cover.. Greddy Rad Cap, Mugen Oil Cap then i will be happy with it.. opinions welcome..check out the photos in the link... finally worked out how to do it instead of putting them on here...

http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae296/djbaybeeraver23/Project%20Ron/

Archived