LewisEK's Aerodeck

EKLewis

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

OK, I have neglected this thread but I have just been driving and enjoying the car more than adding to her. Today however my lip came back from the paint shop and as I have a few days off, I fitted it...

I'm still awful at pictures but hey ho!

Newlipupclose.jpg

newlipfurtheraway.jpg

Fits like a glove!

You may want to watch out for that camber mate. I ran -1.8 for like 2k miles with no ill effect, but reduced it to -1.6. 6k miles of motorway driving later and bye bye tyres! alas :(

If it helps I found -1.3 is a pretty good compromise for handling vs tyre life. Will vary on tyres tho, mine are Proxes, soft sidewall.

But, looking dam fine, love the Rota's!

Cheers dude, I will have to look into a camber kit or something because tyre longevity is always good. I have Continental Contact 2's on it at the moment and they lasted 11.5k on -3 camber on my old EJ9 so hopefully I'll see a good lifetime from them on my deck.

Thanks for the nice comments though :)

• 1 month later...

Damn I've neglected this thread :(. Just cleaned the car today and took a pic of my newest additions...Stickerbombed my rear view mirror to see how it would look. I quite like it but it's not permanent so it's OK. Also treated the interior to it's first new bit, a disgusting gear knob. I hear they're all the rage in Japan...

Frontnew.jpg

Newnewfront.jpg

THE knob!

IMG_2120.jpg

The mirror...

IMG_2122.jpg

Not sure what to do next really, quite fancy a new steering wheel as mine is old. Also thinking a fresh set of rims for the summer but not sure what. I quite like ones with sweet dish and good width but we'll see!

Thanks for looking.