My Pirates Black Civic VTi... Quick Machine Polish

WilkesyMB6

Have done a few things today that i have been meaning to do for a while.

First was to replace the rubber on the clutch pedal, i didn't bother taking a pic of that lol. It's great my foot doesn't slip off like it used to!

Next was to fit the replacement bulb for the clock, it didn't turn up until the middle of last week, so couldn't do it when i had the console out last weekend. I think the clock is dying though as now when the ignition is off the clock is off also. It only comes on when the ignition or engine is on, and it always resets itself. So I will have to get another one (and take the console out AGAIN!).

Last week when I had the console out I started to make the holes at the back of the where the stereo goes bigger, as it's tight and I have a lot of cables that struggle to go through. I thought I would make them even bigger today so when I put the stereo back in it should be easier and save time. I do not have a before picture but if you have seen them before they are tiny in comparison.

19022011522s.jpg

Also today i fitted my Real Carbon Fibre Speedo bezel. I was talking to John about this before when he had his MB as he wanted one. I have had this for about 6 weeks just not had time to fit it. Funnily by pure fluke the weave goes the same way as my heater vent...

19022011535s.jpg

19022011537s.jpg

OOOO'man i love that carbon speedo bezel! :D:D:D & is that a VTEC controler i see there?!!! :o

Yeah its been in the car since i have had it. I think its one of the best places to put it without too much messing around and it looking untidy. Plus you can raise it up and down, if it gets in your way.

Ultimate mb6

Thanks mate :)

I have fixed the clock problem tonight, it was the 7.5amp fuse in the engine bay, i thought i checked it at the weekend but couldn't have. So the clock is working and it lights up! First time since i have had the car :D

I think i have sorted the leads for my stereo that were f**ked by the previous owner, so i can put that back in at the weekend, as for the last two weeks i have been missing the sound of music in the car!

Today i fitted the stereo, and i now have tunes again! The clock works still, and I’m amazed that I didn’t fix it sooner as it’s like a different car with a backlit clock lol

In the week i helped to almost get rid of the rattle from the parcel shelf! Cost me £5 to put some draft excluder tape on the plastic bits where the shelf sits! It’s such an improvement i would recommend it to anyone! There isn’t much else in the car that actually rattles now to annoy me!

Also today i went to look at my new gearbox that has been stripped down. I’m going to get the input shaft bearing replaced and it needs 2 new sills, then i need to get some MTF and a clutch then it’s ready to be fitted. I will probably do this in the next month or two as i need to get it through the MOT this week first which is the priority :D

Today i fitted the stereo, and i now have tunes again! The clock works still, and I’m amazed that I didn’t fix it sooner as it’s like a different car with a backlit clock lol

In the week i helped to almost get rid of the rattle from the parcel shelf! Cost me £5 to put some draft excluder tape on the plastic bits where the shelf sits! It’s such an improvement i would recommend it to anyone! There isn’t much else in the car that actually rattles now to annoy me!

My shelf rattles to the point i wanna scream :x:x lol! Is it quiet now?? :o Think i will be buying some of that!

My shelf rattles to the point i wanna scream :x:x lol! Is it quiet now?? :o Think i will be buying some of that!

It does rattle when you go over big bumps, but it used to rattle all the time before!

After seeing a thread of a quick seat repair, by just using shoe polish i have been meaning to get some to do mine.

Here are a few quick before and afters, i have only done one quick coat at the moment.

05032011554.jpg

05032011556.jpg

05032011559.jpg

05032011559.jpg

Also some pics of the S80 i picked up a few weeks ago. Its being stripped down to have its input shaft bearing replaced and also the oil seals. Then i have to save up and get a clutch and get it fitted :D

26022011548.jpg

26022011553.jpg

Reversed doesn't look the best but its can't be much different to many other boxes lol