Honda civic MA questions

GJ1

Question

Good afternoon everyone,I’ve just joined (just found your wonderful site) and just to say I own a 1996 civic MA 5 door hatch.(had an MB before) and has the dreaded headlining that has dropped.

it’s mot is today ? , but wanted some advice please if that is ok.

I would like the following and where is best to buy from,

pair of rear light units (orange indicator ones) can you buy new or eBay ?
pair of rear hatch struts eBay or someone like struts depot or somewhere else.

passenger door mirror (electric unpainted black one).

the only other issue is rear wiper washer isn’t working ( washer motor is working and a dribble came out but nothing now)  

I appreciate any help offered.

thanks

Gary.

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

Hi there Gary,

for the lights your best bet is ebay 

for the struts you can get some gas universal ones from a few websites, if you google universal rear hatch struts a lot comes up.

for the mirror again best bet is ebay, search for any breaking MA civics

I cant really comment on the rear washer but that shouldn't fail the MOT, a lot of modern cars don t even have rear wipers from factory so i dont see why it should be a big deal.

I hope this helps 

• Like 1

Yup, eBay will be your best bet, although I think finding the pre-facelift rear lights might be a struggle. Plenty of the later MB ones (with the clear indicators) around though if just to get you through the mot. You could fit MB mirrors to it, the base model MB just had black plastic mirrors I think. You could get away with fitting the electric ones and leave the cable undone, but would be a pain to adjust (unless passenger can do it for you).

Hi Guys and thanks for the replies.

I’ve purchased the rear lights apparently from a w reg model (mb) but do have the amber indicators,I’ve purchased the rear struts from struts direct and now looking for the mirror.

It’s in currently for a cam belt,water pump and tensioner so will look then.

regards

Gary.

IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0578.jpeg

• Like 2

Wow! She looks mint mate! A friend of mine back in the mid 90's had one this colour same time I had my blue MA8. He'd put wolfrace wheels etc on it and looked stunning. Alway liked that colour of green on them, the later MB's had a different (bhakl green) green but I always prefered the early MA greens.