Rover 400 AC condenser?

Psilos

Hi guys. 

Ι want to improve my AC performance. Changed my AC compressor and the receiver, ok it works but at 40°C it cannot work properly. My mechanic says that the a/c condenser is small that's why the cooling capability is low... a bigger condenser cannot be installed due to small room in the engine bay.

I found that Rover 400 has double sized a/c condenser and radiator installed both together and not separated as in civic mb's. Is it possible to install rover's condenser and radiator in mb/ma engine bay?

Here are the rover parts I'm talking about. 

Screenshot_2024-08-07-21-09-24-443_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.1f22f8cc3681fa848cd900a72b402978.jpg

Heya bud

imho, dual rads are a terrible idea. They are both looking to dissipate heat, but when connected, if you feel the desire to move rapidly or it's a very hot day, the heat in the rad will affect the condensers ability to be effective, thus you would lose cooling ability.

I guess it's like putting you home fridge in front of the radiator, if the fridge can;t shift the heat, the gasses can't re condense and the fridge loses it's ability to be effective.

I think it would more be a limit to the age of the technology of the aircon, pressures used today are greater and condensers are far more efficient. 

I say delete the aircon, get a bigger rad and just drive faster with all the windows down! haha!

I say when my MB6 VTIs still has it's full aircon :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you both for your replies. I don't know either if they will fit dr_broon I'll do my research though 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2024 at 9:40 AM, AdzVTIS said:

Gonna guess your logins been hacked bro? Or you got a new side line business? 😁

Deleted... Been getting a few spams of late. 

Who in their right mind would click a link to order blue pills from Moscow 😂

• Haha 1