Removing gear stick gaitor

SteveMB6

Anyone any tips on removing gear stick gaitor?

I got a new red stich one there and im having difficulty removing it.

Doesnt the carbon surround pop off? It seems quite delicate and I dont want to snap anything.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Doesnt the carbon surround pop off? It seems quite delicate and I dont want to snap anything.

Mine was stuck so hard i just decided to make it or brake it and used some brute force. I was lucky and the surround came off without cracking. The best way to get it off is to try to ply and pull it as straight up as possible, without bending it, and should come off the clips pretty easy.

Mine was stuck so hard i just decided to make it or brake it and used some brute force. I was lucky and the surround came off without cracking. The best way to get it off is to try to ply and pull it as straight up as possible, without bending it, and should come off the clips pretty easy.

yea pull it iff but slide your fingers int where the clips when pulling it as it has less chance of snaping then

times 2 it is hard in there :lol: and when you get it of it is just 2 screws its like a few bits of trim it comes out in one :D:D or the dam thing breaks :cry::cry::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: just do not loose it :lol::lol: take your time :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yea pull it iff but slide your fingers int where the clips when pulling it as it has less chance of snaping then

times 2 it is hard in there :lol: and when you get it of it is just 2 screws its like a few bits of trim it comes out in one :D:D or the dam thing breaks :cry::cry::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: just do not loose it :lol::lol: take your time :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived