My Mb6 vti-s update 02/04

Gav_ek4

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

b20 needs the crank polished as its spun a shell but its on the engine stand in the garage at the moment getting stripped

new shells are ordered and piston rings plus a proper golden eagle conversion kit instead of the home made one i had before when the engine was in my ek4

will stick some full car pics up soon

• 1 month later...

DSCF6001.jpg

DSCF6002.jpg

DSCF6003.jpg

DSCF6004.jpg

DSCF6005.jpg

DSCF6006.jpg

DSCF6008.jpg

couple of recent pics of the M and the coupe together... M now has new oem fogs...chrome grill back on...mgzs180 shocks and springs,mgzs arb,4.4kg f1 flywheel, competition clutch 6 puck clutch,

had to do the clutch and flywheel on the drive(stones). was an interesting afternoon, but all went smoothly and fitted the zs shocks and springs at the same time

Rover must have put a serious amount of research and development into the mgzs180 suspension setup as it has completely transformed the mb6 from feeling like a dated floaty old boat into driving and feeling like a modern car, really really stiff(stiffer than the konis i had previously) and extremely well damped, rear is a little soft until i fitted the matching arb but the car is now totally planted on the road, its actually scary how much speed you can carry through fast corners now...on my local private road theres a set of corners that on the konis i was holding about 80-90mph...came through them the other day and realised i was doing almost 120mph without fuss and felt absolutely glued to the road, going to combine the shocks with a set of motobuild lowering springs designed for the mgzs(very very highly rated on the x power forums) as the zs stuff is a little high for my tastes and i have a spare set of zs180 shocks and springs here.

Also should hopefully be getting a full leather interior from kyekye for it and a set of front wings then its off to the body shop to get the dc2 spoiler, front wings,front bumper and front lip painted as there are dents on the arches from someone trying to lift the car to jack it up when it was low and the bumper scuffed and my vti-s lips chipped due to my sensible driving

I know what you mean about the MG shocks & springs mate best thing i've done to mine so far!!! I was thinking about getting lowering springs for mine too i'm not happy with the front end height, rear seems ok as i got 17's on mine just want to drop the front!!

found a dead zs 180 in my local scrappy today with full black leather, heated electric front seats...so on sat next week im going to get them ...hoping to get the civic full leather off kyekye soon to use the rear bench and door cards

also took the mgzs dash inserts,heater control surround and gear surround and cup holders while i was there...scrappy want 100quid for the front seats due to them being heated and electric , cant wait to get them :)

dash inserts were a complete b*****d to fit, rounded screws holding the armrest in so i now need a new armrest and centre console :( as i had to break mine where they bolt together to get it out ..also got the heated seat switches and as much of the loom as i could so i should have an oem looking setup,cant beleive how much better the mgzs interior is to the mb6 ...will also be taking the sound deadening from under the carpet as its twice as thick as the mb6 stuff so should make the cabin a far nicer plae to be

anyone know if the mgzs airbag from a prefacelift zs180 will plug into an mb6 ?

+1 love the zs set up total change of the car with the lsd its fun fun fun!!!!i have herd mg had eibach help!!the more you push the better the car goes!!crazy !!next for me would be better bushing although new on mine wee bit soft !!got some tiger seal so will fill rear TA bushes have energy engine mounts !to tune engine to dampers ect.but full bush kit would be great upgrade.£ dont have@mo!!

motobuild do the springs but very stiff 8-)

Archived