NEW Exhaust

seanmb6vti

Hi guys great sight this is my first post. I'm after a new exhaust in the next couple of months as mines seen better days. Now the problem is do i go custom or get a brand. I've heard good and bad about both but not from anyone with an mb6 vti. Customs are a better deal cost wise but have heard stories about power restriction etc. I've heard brands are tested but are really noisy and not as resricted. Can anyone please give advice what i should go for cheers great website, Sean.

P.s Fitting centres in central scotland woud be appreciated cheer again!

hi i am going for a mongoose system for my MB6 in a few months however i did get a custom one on my MG zs 180 from stainless creations in falkirk (the best ive been too and very highly rated) work was great and i did achieve a proven 13bhp gain!

How much did it cost for the custom one Gregor? I'm maybe looking at replacing mine with one, but don't want anything thats too loud. I take it they can make it to your spec, sound wise aswell? Might give them a try, not too far away either ;)

yeah am sure it was £350 as it on the v6 zs 180 so take that as a guide price and they made it sound the berrier nice burble at tick over , slightly louder over standard when cruising and sounded like a mini f1 /jet fighter when you gave it the beans

Cheers G appreciate 13bhp pretty good. Will give them a shout when i'm getting it done need to get a bit body work done first tax is due and 2 front tyres. after it's m.o.t in aug will get the exhaust.

Awrite G gave them a call and the guy mentioned something about noise level. He said one of his customers failed it's m.o.t? Just find that hard to believe as he's a sound enough guy and i'm sure he's not gonna say no to business. Anyone got any suggestions about this could this be a new requirement? I got my last exhust @ RMS in ayrshire, quite loud but soldcar months before the m.o.t. now i've heard good and bad about them but mine's formy mk3 astra was spot on. Any help/advice is always appreciated. Cheers, Sean

P.S When we all gonna meet up?

The rules for exhaust noise is that it has to be the same volume as another vehicle of the same model. SO, yep, technically, a performance exhaust is a MOT failure. But most testers i have known wont fail it unless its fitted to a saxo, then thats fine!!! :lol: Only kidding, you will have to find a 'nice, young' tester that understands performance mods, not the grumpy old tester that loves the power of failing youngsters cars!! :lol:

Archived