Aerodeck sleeper...

pye

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jonny, brakes were bled by local garage, back to front but cant confirm whether or not they were pressure bled.

At the time I didnt think to ask. Ive noticed a few people have mentioned the master cylinder but I dont seem to have any loss of fluid and there doesnt appear to be any creep in the pedal.

Bit stuck really....

Jonny, brakes were bled by local garage, back to front but cant confirm whether or not they were pressure bled.

At the time I didnt think to ask. Ive noticed a few people have mentioned the master cylinder but I dont seem to have any loss of fluid and there doesnt appear to be any creep in the pedal.

Bit stuck really....

i would say you still got air in the system i have nt had prob with a marster cylinder in years and that was on an old volvo 340.

the way to bleed is let it gravity bleed first.then get someonein the driving seat.then do haif pumps!eg halfpump down open nipple leave open 3-5 secs(dont go to the bottom!!)close nipple off brake,repeat untill no air left.start nsr,osr,nsf and osf in that order.

remember to keep the res topped up

hope this helps.

you dont go the bottom of brake travel as water gets into the system and can corrode the marster cylinder internals which are nt being used,but when you do get into the low zone of pedal travel the cylinder seals can catch and rip and this causes sinking and spongy pedal

i would say you still got air in the system i have nt had prob with a marster cylinder in years and that was on an old volvo 340.

the way to bleed is let it gravity bleed first.then get someonein the driving seat.then do haif pumps!eg halfpump down open nipple leave open 3-5 secs(dont go to the bottom!!)close nipple off brake,repeat untill no air left.start nsr,osr,nsf and osf in that order.

remember to keep the res topped up

hope this helps.

you dont go the bottom of brake travel as water gets into the system and can corrode the marster cylinder internals which are nt being used,but when you do get into the low zone of pedal travel the cylinder seals can catch and rip and this causes sinking and spongy pedal

IMG00229-20100904-1728.jpg

Gave the 'deck another full bleed today, run plenty of fluid through the system, massive improvement! Now I can feel the benefit of my new discs and pads :) and they feel great!

also seeings it was a nice day decided to do the grill, been meaning to for ages happy with the results.

all in all good day in the sun, just needs a good clean now... next mod manifold :)

IMG00229-20100904-1728.jpg

Gave the 'deck another full bleed today, run plenty of fluid through the system, massive improvement! Now I can feel the benefit of my new discs and pads :) and they feel great!

also seeings it was a nice day decided to do the grill, been meaning to for ages happy with the results.

all in all good day in the sun, just needs a good clean now... next mod manifold :)

Archived