another problem!!! wtf is going on?

ep82

god james it was :oops::oops: i was making my cold air feed so while the air fillter was off i put a bag in the end of the pipe after the filter to stop crap getting in . :oops::oops::oops: forgot all about it ,put it all back together started car mmm not runnig right so hit the acc rev's flew up and engine cut out mmmmmm god thats odd i have a cold air feed should run better now car will not start :roll::roll::roll: mmm

o god no arrrrrrrrr :shock::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: the bloody bag still in there :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: had to strip it lucky it got suck not to far in :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

god james it was :oops::oops: i was making my cold air feed so while the air fillter was off i put a bag in the end of the pipe after the filter to stop crap getting in . :oops::oops::oops: forgot all about it ,put it all back together started car mmm not runnig right so hit the acc rev's flew up and engine cut out mmmmmm god thats odd i have a cold air feed should run better now car will not start :roll::roll::roll: mmm

o god no arrrrrrrrr :shock::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: the bloody bag still in there :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: had to strip it lucky it got suck not to far in :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Try the checking the thinnest wire on the starter Chi, make sure its got a really good connection. I've had a similar problem before (on a ford though) and this was the cause.

iirc this is the one that goes to ignition?

another thing that you could try is disconnecting the battery, and leave it off for a bit. then reconnect it and try it again, incase it is an ecu fault (wouldnt have thought so, but worth a try) ;)

Id say its deff something simple mate, and is starter related, as it goes with a bump start. Could be the solenoid in the starter that gone also

Try the checking the thinnest wire on the starter Chi, make sure its got a really good connection. I've had a similar problem before (on a ford though) and this was the cause.

iirc this is the one that goes to ignition?

another thing that you could try is disconnecting the battery, and leave it off for a bit. then reconnect it and try it again, incase it is an ecu fault (wouldnt have thought so, but worth a try) ;)

Id say its deff something simple mate, and is starter related, as it goes with a bump start. Could be the solenoid in the starter that gone also

That my friend looks like an earthing problem , Make sure the connections on the battery are good and not corroded , and then check the earth leads to the engine and the body are clean in the engine bay are all good as the can break , if the engine has not got a good earth the starter motor is earth from the engine so that is your problem and the start of this problem could have well been what has been course you temp gauge to rise up and down . Rich.

That my friend looks like an earthing problem , Make sure the connections on the battery are good and not corroded , and then check the earth leads to the engine and the body are clean in the engine bay are all good as the can break , if the engine has not got a good earth the starter motor is earth from the engine so that is your problem and the start of this problem could have well been what has been course you temp gauge to rise up and down . Rich.

Archived