1.6 aerodeck on a budget

kyekye09

hi all i bought the car about 6 months ago totally standard for £500 from a elderly golfing fan.... (lifted the back seats to find half of the east costs sand banks engraved into the carpet) the car is a 1.6 sohc vtec d16w4 on a t plate.... first job was the mot and all it failed on was the brakes... so new disks and pads all round £138 from eskside motors not to shabby...!!!! then a bought a s/s 4.2.1 mani and px viper filter and and some 16" rota grids (white) and through them into place.. next up was a japspeed de cat £57 and apexi centre section (ebay) £76 i bought a toyo sport b/box of gumtree £30 plus £40 for some stainless pipe and welder to extend the pipe work( bit loud but im going to change the mid box) then i changed the crank underdrive pully and got rid of the air con then i upgraded the ht leads (magnacore and spark plugs iridium and fse valve ) i found a 99 vti on gumtree for £300 (no engine or box) and have just replaced all panels from the vti onto mines(vti was way straighter than mine) also used the vti half leather seats centre console insert dash insert and gear box surround.. then my bargin hunt on ebay last week payed of when i scooped a p30 ecu and obd2a jumper harness for £70 shocks and 40mm lowering springs for £33 and a cromo racing flywheel for £90... not bad for bargin basement just over £1700 so far next on the list is a respray 65mm throttle body 380cc injectors walbro fuel pump and some us/jap fuel rail

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all i bought the car about 6 months ago totally standard for £500 from a elderly golfing fan.... (lifted the back seats to find half of the east costs sand banks engraved into the carpet) the car is a 1.6 sohc vtec d16w4 on a t plate.... first job was the mot and all it failed on was the brakes... so new disks and pads all round £138 from eskside motors not to shabby...!!!! then a bought a s/s 4.2.1 mani and px viper filter and and some 16" rota grids (white) and through them into place.. next up was a japspeed de cat £57 and apexi centre section (ebay) £76 i bought a toyo sport b/box of gumtree £30 plus £40 for some stainless pipe and welder to extend the pipe work( bit loud but im going to change the mid box) then i changed the crank underdrive pully and got rid of the air con then i upgraded the ht leads (magnacore and spark plugs iridium and fse valve ) i found a 99 vti on gumtree for £300 (no engine or box) and have just replaced all panels from the vti onto mines(vti was way straighter than mine) also used the vti half leather seats centre console insert dash insert and gear box surround.. then my bargin hunt on ebay last week payed of when i scooped a p30 ecu and obd2a jumper harness for £70 shocks and 40mm lowering springs for £33 and a cromo racing flywheel for £90... not bad for bargin basement just over £1700 so far next on the list is a respray 65mm throttle body 380cc injectors walbro fuel pump and some us/jap fuel rail

Archived