slammed b20 deck /gone now/

prezes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little update ;>

Been to Santa Pod - Jap Show Finale yesterday and today and of course wouldn't be myself without coming back with bag full of gadgets :P

- firstly some stickers/decals which are going underneath the bonnet. I done three at the moment but will get new ones as messed up a bit. Shouldn't have been starting in this sort of weather. At least got a bit more practise:

IMG_20101003_165645.jpg

- kick plates on the car, still not blacked out the plastic but will do soon:

IMG_20101002_073003.jpg

- carbon transformers badge (lol), couldn't stop myself and had to try it. I don't think it's going to stay as will be replacing the mesh and repainting the grill anyway. I don't know why but I don't want a honda badge on the front but when there's nothing on I feel something is missing. And I just hate the part of the bonnet you can see in the middle of the grill. I think I will just go with thicker mesh. Anyway there it is:

IMG_20101003_163413.jpg

- tegiwa red stiched gear gaitor + D1 spec carbon fibre gear knob, heavier then one I Had before, much better :

IMG_20101003_162708.jpg

- Also refreshed the red stiching on the momo steering wheel /Thanks to Blames VTI - I think you've done it in your project/:

IMG_20101003_162453.jpg

IMG_20101003_162507.jpg

Michael

lol love the carbon theme man its realy hit this site big time sweet mod to brightn up our dull interors

the transformer badge is cool i prefer the straight bar look myself though

What I've also done is decided to get the car back on the dyno. I had it done on the 8/08/10 with the old exhaust and manifold and I thought I'll come back to the same dyno to see if the car made any power or not as it definately feels smoother through the rev range. Everyone is saying that it should after this sort of modifications. I was aware that won't gain torque or even lose some due to going with 2.5" throughout the car/that's of course due to b20 conversion/.

Dyno at 08/08/2010 :

IMG_20101003_174237.jpg

First I was really down thinking that it's really low. But considering it's the wheel power and you should add roughly 20% to get the power on the engine it works out more or less as much as it had when came out from the factory - which in my opinion is quite good as it's a 10 year old car so it had to lose some.

OK, so got the exhaust system done /not remapped or anything/ and had it dyno'd today...

IMG_20101003_174250.jpg

HA HA HA - I'm laughing now but was almost crying looking at the screen. Lost 9 lb of torque and gained 0.1 hp on the wheels - LOL.

LOoking at the printouts I can see why the car feels smoother. There's no major dips or flat spots as on the previous one and the curve goes quite smoothly which is good.

There also was a crx 1.6 vti after me which made 136.7 hp which made me feel quite good as it should be more powerful - I think.

Well anyway - It just shows that you have to be very cautious with the mods you're doing to your car because good couple hundred pounds may buy you 0.1 hp !!! :) As I said I'm not worried yet as I'm expecting it to pay back with the 2.0L bottom end so will keep you posted.

Michael :evil:

Archived