slammed b20 deck /gone now/

prezes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair it that would have happened 2 or three months after the conversion was done ok... but now? I dont think it has anything to do with the conversion. It's quite a common problem on b series and hard to get rid of from what I read.

But we will see. It drives well since the throttle cable was adjusted but code 43 was back this morning ;/

Some new bits to be fitted while the car will be in the garage tomorrow :)

New alu rad & slim fan :

rad.jpg

New rad hoses in black:

hoses.jpg

Energy Suspension Shift stabilizer bushes in black:

DSCF8071.JPG

Energy Suspension Motor mount inserts in black:

motor.jpg

And some 4mm vacuum hose in red:

vacuum.jpg

Also new thermostat, rad fan switch, and ect sensor to be fitted.

8-)

Just a quick update:

Radiator is absolutely great. The temperature is a little bit lower all the time and won't budge even a little bit under load. Plus it looks nice in the engine bay :P

And that would be it from the good bits :)

Radiator hoses - bottom one fits, top one doesn't - different shape, I did read somewhere about that before ...

Engine mounts - Only front drivers side fitted, passanger side nut is just going round and round so cant take it off... Didn't even proceed to the back one. Funny thing is that only one made a difference. A little bit more vibrations on the steering wheel plus less wheel hop.

Shift lever bushing - front one fitted ok. The back one cant be fitted as both nuts are just going round and round hahah. Rubbish. Still the front one improved the stiffness a tad.

Replaced the hid bulbs to 8k hid.

Spoken to Darren from DNR as Im just fed up. He will pick the car up next week and get all those bits sorted + resolve the hesitation problem and finish the tuning.

That's it I think.

:geek:

Thought Ill post a quick update ...

Car is still with me, Darren cant collected till back end of next week. It was running fine for unknown to me reason and what happened yesterday?

Loud whining sound when on gear and gets louder when accelerating... probably input shaft bearing...

Archived