too much oil?

ep82

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what happened????

put too much oil in then had run home on dualer after about 16 miles had a loss in power, let it rest till morning, started it with a puff of blue smoke, drove to work and still the same loss in power but when i hit vtec pile of blue smoke came from the exhaust so i dropped in the garage after work and they drained a quite a bit of oil out of it, and it runs fine now with the exception of some blue smoke in vtec, but no power loss.

seems to run pretty poopy sometimes and other times its as good as new.

All done :)

Mine ran like a dream on the way home. 40 miles of it. I turned the sump plug and loosened it, turned it with my hands a few times and pop!!! the plug flew out and oil went everywhere. struggled to put the plug back on as oil is p**sing out. when its on and stopped the oil coming out, I checked the dipstick and it's was bang on the top dot. talk about skill :P

ok just another quick Q

I have already been under the car and drained the oil twice!! both time the reading was dead on the top dot but somehow a day later means it's slightly over the dot.

ATM it's about 2-3mm over the top dot. is that ok or will that do damage? Just dont want to get back under the car after seeing a picture of the jack giving up from john!! But I also dont want to damage the car

chi if its 2mm over i would say it be ok prob burn that off anyway how can you tell 2-3mm how did you get the tape on it :lol::lol: its more if it was half inch or more that would be a prob :D:D:D

Archived