too much oil?

ep82

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent burnt any oil in 3000 miles :)

all the reading is on a very (I mean tiny) slop. dont think it smokes on Vtec too. I just want to look after the car as best I can. I know it's only 3mm but it's better to be safe and ask :P engine is cold on all readings

for god sake people!slightly over the dot wont do any harm wotsoever,as john said drain a bit off if its half inch or so.do you think car manufacturers would desighn dipsticks that meant if you go ever so slightly over the mark its gonna cause problems?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: i have to say i am abit ocd when screwed the drain plug back up, put oil in i am always checking to see if i have any drips coming from it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: the dipstick is a guide to how much oil is in its not bang on so 2-3mm should be fine . on the other hand if i had put in an half or inch to much then i would drain it

also guys if over full the oil creates extra drag on the crank in turn sapping power

i personally leave it slightly under max

run car up on flat ground turn off let it settle for 30 secs to 1 min then check the level

Archived