VTI-S Turbo question????

CMSCIVICVTI

http://h-tune.co.uk/products.html

Can set you up with a ecu thats been configured to run in the MB6, theres a few wiring changes that need to be done, nothing major. He also supplies a basemap. No harness adapter is needed, just trim the A plug on the harness.

The basemap is a conservative tune with soft timing and rich fueling (if u have correctly sized injectors) thats safe enough to get you to a tuner, you're not supposed to abuse the car on the basemap though.

BUT since you're on stock injectors you're best bet is to pull the wastegate spring like rich said, they cant provide enough fuel under boost to keep things safe.

Have you bought injectors yet?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks ok but does it have launch control and rev limiter adjust like the chrome , the only problem is software you will need to software to map that chip , so im not sure if he has that , that why i said chrome as it cheap good and i know people who have the software to map it , Best this would be to email him and ask him and send him that link and see what he says , Rich.

BTW during the mapping you'll still need more fuel so thats either bigger fuel injectors or a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

Rich, correct me if I'm wrong but didnt you use a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to get 250bhp out of stock injectors????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich to swap the intank fuel pump for a Walbro 255 does the fuel tank have to be dropped like it says in the instruction manual? My BMW had an access panel in the boot!?!

Also, the OBD1 ecu's are socketted to accept any chip.

The chips are burned by the software Crome, Ectune, etc. Its the software that puts in the antilag and launch control, its not something on the actual ecu.

You turn up somewhere for a custom tune and they usually plug a chip emulator into the OBD1 ecu; upload a tune and dyno run it, then change the tune, dyno again, etc, until the tune is right. Then they burn it onto a chip and that sits permanently in the ECU. Job done.

Lots of info in the tech section and lots of products that you might be interested in

http://www.xenocron.com/techcenter.php

BTW during the mapping you'll still need more fuel so thats either bigger fuel injectors or a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

Rich, correct me if I'm wrong but didnt you use a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to get 250bhp out of stock injectors????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich to swap the intank fuel pump for a Walbro 255 does the fuel tank have to be dropped like it says in the instruction manual? My BMW had an access panel in the boot!?!

The ecu and chip you are using for mapping controls the pulse of the injector (the time its open ) therefore = more or less fuel , the fuel pressure reg boost the fuel pressure so when you open it for longer the pressure does not drop below the min required to run the injectors . The standard injector will run up to are 250 bhp by changing that injector pulse , but at 250 bhp ish they are maxed out , so to go any more than that point you would need to upgrade the injectors for lets say 440 cc rc ones .

Yes mate you do have to drop the tank to fit the 255 fuel pump as the is one access panel for the pump . Make sure you use the filter off the standard pump and fit it onto the 255 or you will run out of fuel at a 1/4 of a tank as i found out and had to take the tank back out blowupsmiley.gif

Rich.

Also, the OBD1 ecu's are socketted to accept any chip.

The chips are burned by the software Crome, Ectune, etc. Its the software that puts in the antilag and launch control, its not something on the actual ecu.

You turn up somewhere for a custom tune and they usually plug a chip emulator into the OBD1 ecu; upload a tune and dyno run it, then change the tune, dyno again, etc, until the tune is right. Then they burn it onto a chip and that sits permanently in the ECU. Job done.

Lots of info in the tech section and lots of products that you might be interested in

http://www.xenocron.com/techcenter.php

Yes its thwe chip that has all the info on it like you say launch control and so on , with chrome you unlock the chip as you say by removing it for the ecu and putting it into a writer reader , and then refit it to the ecu the go thing about chrome is you do not have to keep removing and refitting it for the ecu , you plug your cable into the side of the ecu from the laptop and map away why you are on the dyno and just save the map when you are done .

Ecu's and mapping is a world of its own and there are so many systems out there the best advice i can give is find a maper you like and use the software the like using that way you will get the best work out of them .

One day it is something i would really like to get into as its the only thing a cannot do on my cars . Rich.

To be honest I think I'm going to stick with the crome chip. It looks like quite a popular bit of kit so at least if I do get problems I can get help easier than using something not many people know about. And I emailed that guy at htune a few days ago and he ain't even got back to me! I still ain't managed to speak to my mate with the VTI-S yet so until we make a deal nothing is going to happen yet!

• 1 month later...

Right then guys bit of an update for you!

Probably won’t be getting the car til after xmas and with all this snow about it’s better off being tucked away in a garage out of harms way! Biggest problem I’ve had is sourcing an ECU capable of doing the job. I keep coming across the GREEDY EMANGE system, either the blue box or the ultimate that has now replaced the blue box. Has anyone got any experience with any of these systems? I have been reading up about them and both seem quite capable of doing the job I need. If anyone has any comments about these systems please let me know.

Cheers

1"£££$££"!!

I started off with the emanage blue , the only down fall with them is the wiring as you need to tape into and cut some of the ecu wires , plus you cannot adjust the rev limiter and launch control , Thats why i took mine out and went with the pr4 ecu running on hondata s300 . Rich.

Archived