VTI-S Turbo question????

CMSCIVICVTI

Thanks mate i really do appreciate your advice. 250bhp sounds good to me as a starting point with the winter coming not really much point running loads of power, so am i right that as long as i don't run more than 6 psi the standard injectors should be ok? And i guess i should also ask if you know of anyone on here that could have any of the bits you listed except for the fuel pressure regulator?

But the biggest question i need to ask now is if i get the boost turned down will it be ok to drive sensibly for a bit until i get the management sorted? the closet tuner to me that i would trust is alan jeffery (engine tuner) in plymouth and that is 2+ hours down the road!!

Thanks again

If im right im sure we managed 6psi and the standard injectors were maxed out, The parts i would use ebay or civiclife as there is always stuff for sale on there , You are best to run no boost as the engine management is not set up to run any boost , I would remove the wastegate spring so the turbo will boost but it will all go down the screamer pipe untill you have a mapperable ecu and you are taking it to be mapped .

Rich.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks mate i really do appreciate your advice. After reading your comments I went on to ebay and found this in the international sellers;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

Would this be any good with the conversion harness? I have messaged the guy and if he is genuine he seems to know what he’s talking about! His feedback also seems pretty good so should I go for it? I am a bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of thing so I want to make sure I’m doing it right.

Thanks again

woo woo woo cool down bud

What i mean is your probly gona be lucky; cause no one is going to place a bid, theres not a lot of time left.

i know 0 about this stuff to be saying is bad or good

tbh i think it might be ok

and if you get i for $0.01 and shipping is $40, ill be looking at getting one , if its good

Sorry mate don’t take it personally it’s just the way I am…….. very up front lol! And to be honest I’m a bit worried about the whole project. I have just spent a lot of money on my mb6 and the only way I can get the VTI-S turbo is to swap mine and put some cash towards it. But looking at what the turbo still needs to be driveable I’m not sure if it’s worth any more than a straight swap! But like I said after reading through rich’s build thread I 100% trust anything he has to say on this! And I doubt you would be able to get that ecu as cheap as that seen as it says “Reserve not met”!!

yes i can say rich knows what he is on about ,he spent years on his turbo and it was mental got to see it and hear it :lol: but never got to have a spin in it :(:(:(:( and sad to see it go but now he has a supra :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Its says its a p28 ecu and its socketed ready for the chip of you choice , Go for it looks good to me , you will not need a harness convertion for the p28 ecu all you have to do is sand off 2 of the locating slides on your cars wiring and they will go striaght into the p28 ecu . Rich.

Archived