VTI-S Turbo question????

CMSCIVICVTI

Well i have sent the guy an e-mail to check a few more things out so if i get the right answers i will go for it! And James i see someone has bid on it now is this you by any chance lol?! If you think your gonna get it for that price dream on the reserve is alot higher than that i've asked lol! I've also sent Alan Jeffery's (Engine Tuner, Plymouth) an e-mail to discuss mapping etc and he has asked me to ring him tomorrow so fingers crossed it could be looking good! And like i said if i can get some piccys up of the VTI-S over the weekend i will.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys hit another problem! Spoke to someone at Engine Tuner today about possibly mapping the car once I have the ecu, they have told me they can’t map crome or hondata and the only way they could help is if I buy a g-reedy e-manage system! The bloke did recommend I contact CPL Racing as they are the main uk dealers of Hondata products. To be honest I’m quite set on using the bloke off ebay for the ecu as he can supply me a unit with crome already added that I just have to plug in, and get mapped. Does anyone know where in the uk maps crome that isn’t a million miles away from the south west? At this rate I’m probably gonna end up taking the turbo off and putting it back to normal lol but that would be a waste!

Thanks guys

Ok mate sounds good. That's the problem with devon, there is almost no where to get things like this done but when you do find a place there is usually another problem! I don't think that ecu i found made the reserve price but i have found loads of places on ebay that claim, if you send them the spec of your car i.e. what mods you have they can map the ecu for you so you don't have to, even for a turbo conversion like this?! I'd get it mapped once on the car anyway just to be safe!!

But like i said if anyone from the south west is reading this and know of anywhere that will map crome please let me know.

Thanks

You cannot map a car you have never seen or had on the dyno , they are blowing smoke up your a*s mate , they only way to map a car is a live map on a dyno or on the road . Anyone saying they can send you a map through the post is full of it , if you were to do that ,and then get it checked you would be paying twice so in my eyes get it done right first time and that way you only pay once .Rich.

Yeah i guessed as much mate just thought i'd write it on here for you guys to have a laugh at lol!! But anyway, if i was to get this ecu ready with crome i think it only comes to £120 and that is the buy it now price, plus a bit of shipping charges! Rich you said you know someone in leicester that can map crome, is there an initial fee to crack the ecu then £90 an hour on the dyno, or will it just be the dyno fee as the ecu will already have crome on it?

Yeah i guessed as much mate just thought i'd write it on here for you guys to have a laugh at lol!! But anyway, if i was to get this ecu ready with crome i think it only comes to £120 and that is the buy it now price, plus a bit of shipping charges! Rich you said you know someone in leicester that can map crome, is there an initial fee to crack the ecu then £90 an hour on the dyno, or will it just be the dyno fee as the ecu will already have crome on it?

You will drive the car to him on the standard ecu with the wastegate spring out , then when you get there fit you waste gate spring eg 7 psi one and then fit the ecu to the car , as you already have the ecu with the chrome chip in there is no cracking the ecu and therefore no charge , you will just be paying £90 an hour for the time you are on the dyno having it mapped . Rich.

Ok mate that sounds awesome, obviously it won't happen straight away i still need to see if i can strike a deal with my mate and then save some pennies for the trip! When i do get round to doing this, Rich is there any chance you would be able to meet me there i would like to meet you in person to say thanks for your help. Maybe a few other members local to that area could pop down too and have a bit of a photo shoot! Just a thought 8-) .

Sounds like a plan to me mate , im always around and the place is only 15miles from me house , so it will be no problem to meet you there . I always like meeting up with other members , ill be in the supra .

The garage address :

GARAGE 786

218 LOUGHBOROUGH RD

LEICESTER

LE4 5LG

t: 01162 662227

e: info@garage786.co.uk

Link to there web site :

http://www.garage786.co.uk/index.php?ga ... msout&id=2

Rich.

Archived