VTI-S Turbo question????

CMSCIVICVTI

Hi Guys,

As a few of you have done this already, i wanted to ask your expert advice! I should hopefully soon be taking on a mates VTI-S Turbo that at the moment is an un-finished project. It is running up to a point, he has used things like boost controllers, fuel pressure regulators, vtec timers etc, it still needs some fine tuning as when it gets a bit of hard treatment it starts to play up (fuelling or something).

So really what I am trying to ask is, can I get it running with no problems using what is already there or should I look at buying a proper ecu system?

Either way I know it will need to be setup on a rolling road but I wanted to ask before I start looking at tuning prices!

Look forward to your feedback guys.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Guys,

As a few of you have done this already, i wanted to ask your expert advice! I should hopefully soon be taking on a mates VTI-S Turbo that at the moment is an un-finished project. It is running up to a point, he has used things like boost controllers, fuel pressure regulators, vtec timers etc, it still needs some fine tuning as when it gets a bit of hard treatment it starts to play up (fuelling or something).

So really what I am trying to ask is, can I get it running with no problems using what is already there or should I look at buying a proper ecu system?

Either way I know it will need to be setup on a rolling road but I wanted to ask before I start looking at tuning prices!

Look forward to your feedback guys.

Is it still the standard managment on the car , What psi is the car trying to run (when it starts to play up )

Rich.

Hi rich

Yes I believe the car is still on standard management, you won't like this but it's an eBay turbo kit! I'm not sure what psi it's trying to run when it starts playing up but to be honest I personally won't want to run loads of boost! I just want to take to shows more than anything so I'm happy with low ish boost. Its also a standard b18c4 engine and running gear so like I say I have no plans for big power.

Cheers

If the turbo kit is running anymore than 3 psi you are going to kill the engine fast ,The reason it is working right is the standard ecu does not know what boost is and there for you get fuel cut ,the stand map sensor can read boost up to 12 psi , you NEED to get managment to fuel the engine right .

You will need ,

1. 255 fuel pump £80

2. fuel pressure reg £35

3. some bigger injectors 440cc ( if you are over 6 psi ish ) £350

4. p28 or pr4 ecu (will need socketing with a 28 pin socket ) £75

5 .management ( chrome , hondata s300 ) chrome £100 hondata £300 - £400

6.mapping to 6-12 psi ( depends what power you are after) £300 - £400

6psi will see you around 250 bhp .

Thanks mate i really do appreciate your advice. 250bhp sounds good to me as a starting point with the winter coming not really much point running loads of power, so am i right that as long as i don't run more than 6 psi the standard injectors should be ok? And i guess i should also ask if you know of anyone on here that could have any of the bits you listed except for the fuel pressure regulator?

But the biggest question i need to ask now is if i get the boost turned down will it be ok to drive sensibly for a bit until i get the management sorted? the closet tuner to me that i would trust is alan jeffery (engine tuner) in plymouth and that is 2+ hours down the road!!

Thanks again

Would this be any good? Says P28 in the title but then says P30 in the description?!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/crome-pro-ecu-civ ... 3f04053b9d

Its was used on a b18c4 but not in a mb6 in a crx by the way it reads , you need the p28 or as it says a harness converter cable to take it from odb 1 to odb2 .

Its to dear for a chrome set up anyway £150 -£200 should get you sorted with an ecu with chrome fitted

Rich.

Archived