Cruise Control?

scottravenhill

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mine's an automatic and it doesn't have cruise control, and the owners manual doesn't mention anything about cruise control, it's more than likely a generic service sheet for all honda's or, it's a service sheet for civics worldwide?

Thats just a normal service schedule for a number of different vehicles. (And not a Honda schedule.) I can assure you that Honda did not fit cruise control to any 'm', nor did they offer it as a Genuine option. (However you could get a nasty non-genuine kit fitted if you wanted!) It says Civic 1.8 VTI at the top, but I bet if you put in Accord or CR-V or whatever, it will tell you to do the exact same checks. The same service schedule is used for all Hondas even to this day, but not everything on the sheet is applicable to every vehicle. You wouldn't check the auto gearbox oil on a manual for example, but it tells you to on the service schedule, if that makes sense!! :ugeek:

i shall have a look at other vehicles, but i use that program to do my job and see when everything servicable is due to be done by looking at each different service. it gives me proper labour times for most jobs on all different vehicles, car and commercial. for example on the mb6 it does say every 6k replace engine oil, not even oil filter. just one thing in the list of what to do. the section at the bottom is additional and not correct intervals but all stuff like gearbox oil change is listed in the top section on all correct intervals. i suppose half of it is applicable to the civic and the other half is standard checks. honda official documentation will obviously be more accurate but thanks looks like we got to the bottom of that.

Yeah I agree, the Honda stuff is obviously correct, most other programmes tend to be wrong im afraid, im not trying to be a di*k!! For example, you state that your programme says that the oil should be changed every 6k, well thats correct but only up to civics registered before July 1998, after that its 9k. Only in my experiance, but most programmes like that I have found to be un-reliable. Thats probably why Lease companies moan about everything, and we have a constant battle with them to get authority for work from them, cos they have second hand information. shrug.gif1

Archived