Cruise Control?

scottravenhill

there is 2 or 3 schedules listed on it, the 9k regime and 6/12k regimes also. we try and use the manufacturer stuff first to check, but if the info isnt there we have to use icme. most of the time the manufacturers only give you labour times for brakes and fast moving parts, and info for servicing and wont release info for a lot of repairs. the honda programmes are ok to be honest but was looking at that one as it goes into more detail. the reason why you cant get authority is because 50% of the garages out there are on the fiddle and finding out which ones arent is a nightmare, neither help each other out unfortunately, so all have to be treated with caution. There seems to be an asumption by a lot of companies that lease companines dont care about how much money they spend and we can get messed around. which dealership do you work for?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blade Honda in Gloucester mate, I think a lot (if not all) of our Lease stuff is done through the 1Link system, do you use that? I know what you mean about a lot of garages trying to screw the lease companies over by over charging, its frustrating for the few decent garages out there just trying to get the work done!! Like you say, they dont help each other!!

Does your systems also cover the 12.5K and variable service schedules too? (eg. AB124578 services?)

Anyway, as for the cruise control subject, when I started my apprenticeship I worked at Rover, PDI'ing 400's etc, but I dont remember cruise control on them either, but that was a long time ago! Anyone got a pic of that switch?? :?

Yeah Im on 1 link as we speak! The Honda smr website covers all the new variable AB servicing etc. Weused to have a program called SMR 2000 but they have scrapped that now and just have the online system. The ICME program from that screenshot is like a backup one we use if no manufacturer info is available. but they do get all the info for that from the manufacturers.

As for rip offs, the Honda dealers are usually pretty good, you dont get much problems with them.

Doesnt look like we hold an account with Blade Honda Gloucester, maybe we dont have any hondas in that area, we have got 1 with blade vw gloucs though. At least you cant say its me holding up the authorisation!!!

Strange that switch is, i mean where would it go? i can only think that it would replace the fog light switch.

A colleague of mine here said he thinks they used to have them as an optional extra on the rover 400's?

On MA civics, there is a heated wing mirror switch there, but on the MB, they are heated constantly i think, so we dont get a switch, just a blank.

I dont remember seeing that switch on the 400's, but then I only worked there a year for Rover before moving over to Honda, when I was a wee nipper!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
As a matter of fact, i must have saved it

Bur3LCwCGkKGrHqJhQEv10BtpBMBWGBbdlQ_12.jpg

that wont be from a vti or vti-s, that is where the headlight washer button is

On MA civics, there is a heated wing mirror switch there, but on the MB, they are heated constantly i think, so we dont get a switch, just a blank.

I dont remember seeing that switch on the 400's, but then I only worked there a year for Rover before moving over to Honda, when I was a wee nipper!! ;)

You sure they are heated?

i've seen the inside of my vti-s mirrors and there is no heat element

Archived