Which hondata?

KiNK43

Right. Im starting to buy bits to turbo my mb. Its going to be a relatively budget setup and I dont really want to achieve over 250hp.

Question is, are the lower range hondata systems like s100 and s200 suitable. Can they be mapped for a boosted motor? Im keen to keep the motors reliability although it will soon be secondary car.

They will work fine , but s300 is the ones to go for as you have loads of control and great things like launch control , but it will cost you around £400-£500 in a ecu second hand.

But if i has going to turbo another honda a would use chrome its the same as s300 at a massive saving you will be paying around £200 and it has everything the s300 has .

Rich.

ive tried searching google for chrome. it seems its only software, no hardware. so i need a new ecu?

same for hondata i guess. i cannot modify p9k ecu???

this is the only thing that is confusing me about going down the turbo route.

need a clear idea what ecu setup for the least money really. thanks for your reply rich.

yes chrome and hondata are just software . you will need a p28 or pr4 ecu have it socketed with a 28 pin socket then the chips will fit into that . At that point you have a mapable ecu for a mb6 . You just need to file off one of the locating pegs on the car ecu plugs and they will go striaght into your nrw ecu . Rich

Archived