Gearboxes

WilkesyMB6

I'd say that'd be too harsh for the road mate. Traffic would be a nightmare.

Last time drove with a stage 3, it's litteraly on or off, makes it ni-on impossible to gear change smoothly!

Perfect for racing, not so good for Bristol town centre ;)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say that'd be too harsh for the road mate. Traffic would be a nightmare.

Last time drove with a stage 3, it's litteraly on or off, makes it ni-on impossible to gear change smoothly!

Perfect for racing, not so good for Bristol town centre ;)

Thats what i thought! So where to get a decent clutch then is my next question lol

so I've just found this site:

http://www.teammfactory.com/final-drive-gears-road-race

am I right in thinking that using one of these better final drives would be another way of achieving the same thing - options on 4.785 or 4.928 and stating pretty good increases over the 4.4 even.

seems like it'd be a safe way to do it.. a brand new part into a gearbox that you already know isn't goosed... I know that you're still stuck with the s9 ratios for 1st and 2nd though.

whaddya reckon?

8-)

so I've just found this site:

http://www.teammfactory.com/final-drive-gears-road-race

am I right in thinking that using one of these better final drives would be another way of achieving the same thing - options on 4.785 or 4.928 and stating pretty good increases over the 4.4 even.

seems like it'd be a safe way to do it.. a brand new part into a gearbox that you already know isn't goosed... I know that you're still stuck with the s9 ratios for 1st and 2nd though.

whaddya reckon?

8-)

dr_broon i think you have hit on something there mate give the man a 1"£££$££"!!

Archived