MC2 Alarm goes off when locked with fob

RS1T

Hey guys,

Got a slight problem with my 99 civic aerodeck, when I lock the car using the key fob, after about 2 minutes the car alarm always goes off. If I lock it manually with the key then this doesn't happen.

Am I doing something stupid or is there a fault with the car?

Many thanks :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea ok look for a sensor along the beam where the bonnet catch is you will be able to push it down like a button

this is for the alarm when activated if the bonnet is opened the alarm is triggered

on mine i had the same prob and the wire on this connection had come off and was dangling freely and hitting the body work thous setting the alarm off

Just changed the battery, it's still doing it :/

Will try checking the sensors, but I have no Idea where the sensors are...

Can you give me some pointers to find the door, bonnet and boot sensors?

Also what should I do when I find the sensors? Unplug each one and then lock it, see if alarm goes off?

Many thanks, Alex

Here's an update. I found the wire that connects the bonnet sensor to the alarm system unplugged and dangling....

I wrapped it in electrical tape so it shouldn't come into contact with the bodywork, but when I locked it again the alarm still goes off :(

Tried looking for the boot sensor, but couldn't find it at all. Door sensors seemed to be working, I tested each one with the interior light on the door setting and it turned on when each one was opened.

Archived