bottom pully bolt !!!!!!!!

shebabby

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been reading on the crankshaft pulley bolt on the net & its scary because I dont want anyone to do damage to my engine or car, especially as alot of places e.g back street garages dont seem to have a clue. I read you need this tool

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACCORD-CIVIC-CRAN ... 45f3406173

which holds the crankshaft pulley still in place whilst you remove the crankshaft pulley bolt, & that way bolt comes off easier & no damage. Ive read some people bolting old metal bed frame to the pulley & jamming the metal bed frame to the ground.

I read that honda use loctite on the thread-can anyone whos done one before confirm this? is there red or blue loctite on the thread of the bolt? Ive read some people jamming a screwdriver in the flywheel & end up doing more damage by breaking the screwdriver, resulting in bits of the screwdriver remaining :o

I'd really like to know the professional way. I read somewhere honda use a special tool/ equipment thats a 'Z' shape bit which stops the crankshaft pulley from moving, when the bolt is being done.

Ive been reading on the crankshaft pulley bolt on the net & its scary because I dont want anyone to do damage to my engine or car, especially as alot of places e.g back street garages dont seem to have a clue. I read you need this tool

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACCORD-CIVIC-CRAN ... 45f3406173

which holds the crankshaft pulley still in place whilst you remove the crankshaft pulley bolt, & that way bolt comes off easier & no damage. Ive read some people bolting old metal bed frame to the pulley & jamming the metal bed frame to the ground.

I read that honda use loctite on the thread-can anyone whos done one before confirm this? is there red or blue loctite on the thread of the bolt? Ive read some people jamming a screwdriver in the flywheel & end up doing more damage by breaking the screwdriver, resulting in bits of the screwdriver remaining :o

I'd really like to know the professional way. I read somewhere honda use a special tool/ equipment thats a 'Z' shape bit which stops the crankshaft pulley from moving, when the bolt is being done.

omg i wer guna make one but at that price :D cheers mate

what you need is

axel stand or something the same hight

2/3 long extensions

long braker bar

pipe to fit over braker bar

a friend

get a big braker bar put a pipe over if, put you socket on the bolt attach extensions rest them on axel stand or similar attach braker bar/pipe have your friend sit in the car put it in fifth gear press the brake then loosen the bolt, it will take some force getting it loose dont worry its torques to 170nm + rust + how long it has been on there

re torque the bolt to the manufacturers recommendations

dude this is the the one i cant see it not working like

the brake can stop a car doing 140 mph it will hold the engine from turning

Archived