bottom pully bolt !!!!!!!!

shebabby

Last time I used one of those cheapo extendable wheel braces!

Socket is 19mm which just hapens to be the same as a Honda wheel nut, so itworked a treat.

Leave it in 5th, if you can get a bar long enough to protrude to the front of the car (mine was 'just' too short, so I took the bumper off!) then stand on it an bounce :)

I've stopped using WD40 now for 'rusty' bolts, takes too long!

I bought some freezing stuff, which basically freezes the metal to -40 degrees, then as it warms back up 5 mins later, the metal expands, and cracks it's own rust :) I buy it from motor factors, about 6 quid a can, which does 2 bolts or so, but well worth it for the hastle it saves!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you tried remove plate from gear box casing lock flywheel with a big screw driver and then use a big bar!!

I've done it this way before if not I use a3/4 inch air gun!

I've done this method with my car and it worked... we didn't remove the plate, there is a hole to put the screwdriver in (perhaps yours was a tickle too large).

Glad you got it sorted dude!! Just to confirm, there is NO lock-tight on the tread, they are just very very tight!!

I use a 3/4 inch airgun to get them off, and buzz them up with a 1/2 inch airgun. You need a decent compressor too!! I call my 3/4 inch gun 'big burtha', she is a beast and weigh's a ton!! Never been beaten yet though!! :lol::lol:

Glad you got it sorted dude!! Just to confirm, there is NO lock-tight on the tread, they are just very very tight!!

I use a 3/4 inch airgun to get them off, and buzz them up with a 1/2 inch airgun. You need a decent compressor too!! I call my 3/4 inch gun 'big burtha', she is a beast and weigh's a ton!! Never been beaten yet though!! :lol::lol:

but wot would i call ar lass then :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

after alot ov trying i finaly got my crank pully bolt out :D

but not everything went to plan ! after fabricating my own tool to hold the pully whilst i loosened

the bolt my hopes wer high :lol:

the tool was a tight fit so wen i took the pully off i left the tool inserted in the pully !

bad idea as wen i took it off it wer slightly warm and as it cooled it fused the tool to the pully

so instead ov heating it up a little i decided to tap them apart useing a socket and a hammer :idea:

wen i got them apart i turned the pully over to check its condition i noticed that i had cracked it :(DSC00182-1.jpg

just my look :x

so now iv got to buy one . iv been looking on ebay and found this http://srx.uk.ebayrtm.com/clk?RtmClk&u= ... 78π=5197 was woundering if anyone

has bought one ov these if so would like to hear !

thanks !!!

Archived