My Milano EP3. Eibachs and geo done!

johngreen537

Top job, as usual, looks really nice, just want to stroke it :lol:

Hope you find the dial surrounds, give it that factory look

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been after some of these for a good while, but resent paying out £150 for effectively a bit of red fabric to get the post faceluft door cards. So, now I've got back into the old flocking....

Have to say, due to the way the EP3 door fabric strip is stuck on, I couldn't get it off, so I flocked over the top, making this one of the most nerve racking mods I've done in a long time, c**k it up, and £150 for new door cards required!

More backyard experiments!

a1.jpg?psid=1

I had no masking tap either, so, found a brilliant solution! Carbon wrap! Wask off the curved areas with old scraps, then heated it up, which curved it into place perfectly, as you can see from the results, 99.9% pure perfect lines!

a2%20(2).jpg?psid=1

a3%20(2).jpg?psid=1

a4%20(2).jpg?psid=1

a5.jpg?psid=1

a6.jpg?psid=1

a7%20(2).jpg?psid=1

There's a lot of excess flock on them still, but gonna let it sit on the car, and cure for a good week or so before I'm brave enough to remove it! Hopefully, then, the finish will be even better! I'm properly chuffed.

lol mate, normally, I wouldn't have been that bothered, As I could pick up interior bits cheap as chips...

But anything that's got the big red R on it, and you multiply normal prices by 3! Silly really!

Results are good, not 100%, but if it was, it wouldn't be as individual looking and would have the mass produced look :D Think I need to experiment more with the glue types too, as it looks like it may have slight bobbling up close, so I think my glue is clumping on top of fabric!

Obviously, I'll do a lot, quick once over on the bits I want to do on the car, then go back and apply marginally better finishes once I'm happy with the 'general' look. I change my mind too much to perfect things as I go ;)

nice one john looks well sweet 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! carbon and flock :P:P:P

lol, I came home today, and got my experimenting head on!

Flocking machines are £1000 ish, and I really don't wanna pay that if I can't sell any flocked stuff on, so been thinking how to generate electricity 'safely' at home....

You should see my mrs's face when I start talking 100,000 volts from a home made device in the garage!

Archived