engine seized? **video now added**

jallen69

i let my dad borrow my car earlier, and he came back in saying that the oil light was on.

so i checked the oil and it was 1" past the last marker??

so i jacked it up, and drained it down back to the correct level. but i don't know how that much oil got in there???

so off he went in my car again, only for it to keep cutting out at the end of my street when trying to go up the hill.

so i jumped in to give it a quick run, it seemed fine for 2 mins then it would loose power and try to die unless you give it a rev. it started to get worse so i turned around and coasted it home, the engine now seems a little tappy.

i know that it's been burning oil. i had the rocker cover shot blasted last week, and i was informed by the guy that he took great care in not leting any get inside. but he did say to me that he can't guarantee it, and advised that i flush it all through (which i did) so i'm hoping it's not that??

i also put £30 in on the weekend and within 50 miles it had used alot of that up, so could this also be down to rings failing and the oil being thinned out by fuel??

can anyone help me out as i'm not to clued up with things like this?? and also would it be worth it to flush the engine and service it??

here's a video of the engine, and one of the exhaust (where it sounds even worse :cry: )

ZstynFjNECk

ZIVRAnWp8bY

thanks

josh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the oil light is on , and the engine is tapping and has no power you have damaged the big end bearings (the engine is seizing up ) anymore runing /driving of the car will only damage the engine more . by the sounds of it you will be looking at an engine rebuild or a second hand engine . How many mile has the engine done .

If you can post a video of the engine noise

This is how it will sound if the big end bearings have gone :

DuyrLZqwokE

Rich.

Archived