vtec problems...

b18beans

Nice you fixed the issue beans :D

this myth that hondas eat oil is nonsense IMO. My MB6 which is on 57k at present does not eat any oil and I check it 3 times a week. Its been fixed at the same level since the oil change.

Hondas are like any other car as the engine ramps up the miles it slowly goes from not using any oil to using oil as the piston rings wear. For example my ATR used about 1litre every 1200miles and they had done over 100k whereas my Civic uses 0litres.

Please don't flame me but IMO VTEC relies on oil pressure to work but no way does the VTEC system eat oil.

Nice you fixed the issue beans :D

this myth that hondas eat oil is nonsense IMO. My MB6 which is on 57k at present does not eat any oil and I check it 3 times a week. Its been fixed at the same level since the oil change.

Hondas are like any other car as the engine ramps up the miles it slowly goes from not using any oil to using oil as the piston rings wear. For example my ATR used about 1litre every 1200miles and they had done over 100k whereas my Civic uses 0litres.

Please don't flame me but IMO VTEC relies on oil pressure to work but no way does the VTEC system eat oil.

My B18C4 uses a bit, but it's only about 1/2 a litre every 6000 miles, and I don't use any fancy expensive oil, just your normal magnatec. Redline it probably once a day on average. Motorways I go at 95mph. Odometer reads 98,000. R reg, FSH. Use 95RON. Get 32mpg average. Only addition is a K&N induction.

my last mb6 used a bit of oil as well so its not the end of the world, an ma cars on 127k, so the piston rings will be worn at least a little.

i'd be lyin if a said it didny take a bit of a kickin every now an then :? but, as before, no smoke, no rattles, bumps, grinds, or anythin untoward, ever.

and takin a bit of a kickin is what v-tec's for ainit?

so, at the end o the day, if shes showin no signs of trouble, pullin hard as ever and lovin every minute of it, i dont mind puttin a litre of oil in every 1000 miles.

and i aint gona let it worry me!

Yeah, some honda's use a bit of oil, some dont, mine didnt use a single drop on the border run, checked it before i left, and when i got back, it hadnt budged!! Well chuffed!! If you read the owners manual on a brand new type r civic, it says that using 1 litre of oil for up to 700 miles is totally normal! :shock: I know new engines use a bit, luck of the draw i guess!!

The new civic diesel drinks oil like water..... :lol:

And yeah, when i was behind you i didnt see any blue smoke mate so alls good!! 8-)

Archived